My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Contract
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract
dunlop wrote:Hi all,
My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?!
No it's 27 hours 18 min
-
dunlop
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Jun 2014, 20:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract
I really don't get how they could they make such a silly mistake and pay me 12 minutes less than my contracted hourszx135 wrote:dunlop wrote:Hi all,
My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?!
No it's 27 hours 18 min
-
iminavest
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract
27 hours 10.8 minuteszx135 wrote:dunlop wrote:Hi all,
My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?!
No it's 27 hours 18 min
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract
iminavest wrote:27 hours 10.8 minuteszx135 wrote:dunlop wrote:Hi all,
My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?!
No it's 27 hours 18 min
No on our pay slip 27.18 is 27 hours 18 minutes
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract
Is it genuinely a silly mistake? It's also possible it's a crafty attempt at saving 1hr per week for the office budget (assuming you're on a 5 day week) in the hope that you either won't notice the error or won't bother about booking 12 mins OT every day.dunlop wrote:I really don't get how they could they make such a silly mistake and pay me 12 minutes less than my contracted hourszx135 wrote:dunlop wrote:Hi all,
My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?!
No it's 27 hours 18 min
Doesn't matter either way, just show them the paperwork you have and the discrepancy there is. I wouldn't use the words 'crafty attempt' while doing so if I were you!
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Contract
so just work your contracted hours if u can?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Contract
don't count on it being resolved any time soon. loads in our office had hours cut after the revision and all are being paid a few minutes short each week, I had my hours increased a few months later and went from 12 mins short to 15 mins short each week! over a year later and not sorted, HR said DOM should sort it and DOM can't comprehend the situation
him "you're on XYZ contract, you get paid that"
us "yeah boss but we're not!" .
Another manager just said "it's only a couple of quid a week" but that's still over £100 per year per person, that's over £1000 a year they aren't paying people in one small office.
Can anyone figure out how to get this sorted?
him "you're on XYZ contract, you get paid that"
us "yeah boss but we're not!" .
Another manager just said "it's only a couple of quid a week" but that's still over £100 per year per person, that's over £1000 a year they aren't paying people in one small office.
Can anyone figure out how to get this sorted?