ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
loaned out to other offices
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
loaned out to other offices
In the past ive been loaned out many times. Usually for a week or 2 in summer. But I want to know the official procedure. do I still sign in at my usually place of work or just go straight to the other office. I wanna make life crap for my manager. and I read you should still sign in at your usual office and then they must get you to and back from the other office. its gonna happen this summer as im a leave reserve it always does.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: loaned out to other offices
Sign in at your normal working DO at your normal starting time.
state to your Dom that you want transporting to and from your loaned office or the use of a van if you drive.
make sure you leave your loan office to get back to your home DO with 10 minutes of your work day remaining to book the van back in etc.
take all your break intitlement as well.
:)
state to your Dom that you want transporting to and from your loaned office or the use of a van if you drive.
make sure you leave your loan office to get back to your home DO with 10 minutes of your work day remaining to book the van back in etc.
take all your break intitlement as well.
:)
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: loaned out to other offices
great. I know my manager will tell me I can go straight there so the luck on his face if he loans me out will say it all, muhahahahah
I always take my break :) what idiot wouldnt
I always take my break :) what idiot wouldnt
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: loaned out to other offices
raikky wrote:great. I know my manager will tell me I can go straight there so the luck on his face if he loans me out will say it all, muhahahahah
I always take my break :) what idiot wouldnt
Don't forget to do those daily and duty checks on the van as well before you leave the office
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: loaned out to other offices
I forgot to add. I do drive to work usually and there are a couple offices closer to me than my home office. do I still have right to drive to my normal office sign in and request transport to whichever office they send me too. im usually easy going but we have 10 leave reserves in our office and im about mid in terms of seniorority but its always me who gets loaned out and I hate this
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: loaned out to other offices
raikky wrote:I forgot to add. I do drive to work usually and there are a couple offices closer to me than my home office. do I still have right to drive to my normal office sign in and request transport to whichever office they send me too. im usually easy going but we have 10 leave reserves in our office and im about mid in terms of seniorority but its always me who gets loaned out and I hate this
Yes you do have the right to insist on it, also its worth saying to the dom if its the case that you don't have business insurance on your vehicle and your own insurance policy doesn't cover you for travelling to other places of work, as if your policy has commuting on it, it only covers you to one permanent place of work
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: loaned out to other offices
yes my policy states driving to a single place of work. Thanks
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: loaned out to other offices
which single place of work ?raikky wrote:yes my policy states driving to a single place of work. Thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: loaned out to other offices
its outlined in the small print of the policybringon4dayweeks wrote:which single place of work ?raikky wrote:yes my policy states driving to a single place of work. Thanks
My emphasisAm I covered for commuting?
Social, Domestic and Pleasure policy cover includes commuting. This allows you to drive to and from a permanent place of work.
By 'permanent' place of work, we mean a single office, site, location or place of work that you intend to travel to for the duration of your contract of employment.
If you are employed, for example, on a 3 month contract and will only be travelling to one location/site/office during the term of your contract, then Social Domestic & Pleasure is sufficient.
so if you need to travel to another office that isn't your main office you won't be covered by this type of insurance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.