ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Footwear too wide!
-
Grahame
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 14:38
- Gender: Male
Footwear too wide!
Why is it that the royal mail footwear mostly comes in WIDE FITTING as standard? This is no use to me as I have narrow feet and get all kinds of foot pain of which I'm sure the shoes contribute to. I am wearing the anvil trainers just now and they are a really good shoe except they don't fit my foot width. Anyone know if there's a way to get narrower trainers? All I'm asking for is a trainer that comes in a regular width fitting, it's not too much to ask is it.
-
cobberwebb
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear too wide!
The YDS trainers are more narrow and lighter. Those Anvils destroyed my feet. I personally found the CATS to be the most comfy, I don't know why they couldn't have kept supplying them along with these new ones. 
-
tommytucka
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear too wide!
Same here, preferred the cats, I could not physically use the anvil as they were awful, the YDS seem a slight improvement and are also waterproof (finally)cobberwebb wrote:The YDS trainers are more narrow and lighter. Those Anvils destroyed my feet. I personally found the CATS to be the most comfy, I don't know why they couldn't have kept supplying them along with these new ones.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear too wide!
Yds is good
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Footwear too wide!
Anvil,have knackered my feet as well,right on the ball of the left foot,and my feet have got me thru hikes,a marathon and several endurance races,but sadly not more than 2 weeks with the anvil trainers.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Footwear too wide!
I have to get a size 10 when I'm really just a 9, as they don't come in a wide fitting.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear too wide!
yds are the best by far. cat trainers were comfy but lasted 2 minutes an were piss poor with the slightest bit of rain on the ground
-
cobberwebb
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear too wide!
Then you must be a feather weight, I never slipped in them.loverman shabba wrote:yds are the best by far. cat trainers were comfy but lasted 2 minutes an were piss poor with the slightest bit of rain on the ground
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Footwear too wide!
I could be walking down a bone dry path in my Cats when someone in the next street turns a tap on and I'd be sprawled on the deck in seconds. The made even the roughest surface seem like an ice rink as soon as there is a hint of moisture in the air. Same as the Magnums really.cobberwebb wrote:Then you must be a feather weight, I never slipped in them.loverman shabba wrote:yds are the best by far. cat trainers were comfy but lasted 2 minutes an were piss poor with the slightest bit of rain on the ground
The only decent shoes or boots for not being slippy are Docs. However, I'm just about to try the new YDS trainers.. it's summer after all..