ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
off sick
-
oldrope
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
- Location: lapland
Re: off sick
In short yes
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Re: off sick
I called in sick on the sat, contacted again on the monday and got a letter on the tuesday about kepping in contact, not working anywhere else, staying at my own address ect, ive nevet been off sick before, is this a standard letter sent to everyone when sick?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: off sick
Depends how long you have been working for Royal Mail , I thought it was a year before you could get sick pay
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: off sick
The business has to agree a level of contact with you so don't worry.
Hope you get better soon.
Hope you get better soon.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: off sick
Thats correct but as he joined this forum in 2009 its a fair bet to say he has been at RM for a minimum of a year at least. Recruitment is slow, but hopefully not that slowgary1975 wrote:Depends how long you have been working for Royal Mail , I thought it was a year before you could get sick pay
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Re: off sick
Yes I'm in over a year, and still liking the job 
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Re: off sick
I spoke to the doctor, it turns out the pain was more damage than first thought, he has given another week off and said going back to soon would cause more pain, I have informed my manager who will refer me to atos, What happens next?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: off sick
Postiebear wrote:I spoke to the doctor, it turns out the pain was more damage than first thought, he has given another week off and said going back to soon would cause more pain, I have informed my manager who will refer me to atos, What happens next?
Phone interview, perhaps an in person interview, then they'' report back to the manager and I think they advise on rehab/back to work plan as required.
PS you can decide if the manager gets the full medical details, and you get a copy of the report as well. They might not tell you that so ask for it if you want.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
acdawson
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:46
- Gender: Male
Re: off sick
Hi i am a fulltime driver but because of serious illness i will have been off sick for 12 months in august. I received 6 months full pay and now get half pay.What will i be entitled to recieve after the 12 month period because i need to have a further operation and it looks like it could be the end of the year before i am fit to resume.
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Re: off sick
I spoke with Atos, my sickline is up on Monday, Atos thought this might be to soon, I told them I'm still in pain but by Monday it may not be as sore, they say they will let me return to work but only on indoor light duties for time being, I thought they would be trying to get me back asap but it wasn't like that at all.
In Hindsight I should have took advice and stayed of to see if pain was away and if it was then returned.
In Hindsight I should have took advice and stayed of to see if pain was away and if it was then returned.