ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
hi just wondering what the difference in rates are , as last week Thursday and Friday me and my p/l partner claimed 4 hours each in total due to the newspaper the sun , I thought all o/t was paid at sa rate , 4 hours = £41.92. is that right ?
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
roughly 40p an hour
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
i got paid SA rate for Thursday and standard rate for Friday
i asked why and Manager said they had run out of SA hours
i asked why and Manager said they had run out of SA hours
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
10.78 per hour for SA
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
£43.04 is what I would have got for 4 hours Weekday SA
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
thanks its not worth the hassle of an argument then.max power wrote:10.78 per hour for SA
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
thanks I just didn't no what the difference was we don't normally get it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:£43.04 is what I would have got for 4 hours Weekday SA
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
With S.A., you don't get paid for your break (or "break") though. And if you're part-time, any hours you work up to 39 get paid at the same hourly rate for your contracted hours, no?
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
I thought the agreement was it was all supposed to be paid at SA rate. Your manager has obviously changed the rules.max power wrote:i got paid SA rate for Thursday and standard rate for Friday
i asked why and Manager said they had run out of SA hours
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
Not your problem, the national agreement was SA o/t rate for Thurs/Fri.max power wrote:i got paid SA rate for Thursday and standard rate for Friday
i asked why and Manager said they had run out of SA hours
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
They should certainly not be allowed to get away with this. If they are not following the agreement, I would suggest raising a grievance. It may only be for a few extra pennies, but these wildcard managers should be held to account. They earn more than us, but do less; they demand honesty and integrity from us but display neither. it is all about the bottom line to them which, in my book, is bad management.
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
don't forget s/a was only paid on extended delivery overtime - if you came in early to prep it was normal rate
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
It's been raised with Union so we will have to wait and see 
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
It was supposed to be SA rate both ends. If this penny-pinching was replicated throughout the country the savings to RM are quite large. If the decision to ignore the agreement was made at a higher level they should be held to account at that higher level. If the decision to pay lower rates was made locally, the higher levels should give them a bollocking.feduppostie wrote:don't forget s/a was only paid on extended delivery overtime - if you came in early to prep it was normal rate
Most posties are fine, in my opinion, but plenty of managers have the wrong mindset. A relief manager called me 'stupid' a few weeks ago, and was forced to retract his statement when I pointed out that I not, in fact, Stupid. Plenty of us ordinary post people have more about them than shouty managers.
-
jessthecat
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 15:47
- Gender: Male
Re: difference btw sa and standard o/t ?
Can I just ask where I can find this agreement in writing, as I'd like to show my manager. I worked my day off today and would like SA rate if I'm entitled to it....many thanks.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Not your problem, the national agreement was SA o/t rate for Thurs/Fri.max power wrote:i got paid SA rate for Thursday and standard rate for Friday
i asked why and Manager said they had run out of SA hours