ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Buydown of hours, what £? we talking about.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tragictramp
Posts: 381
Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 18:02
Gender: Male

Buydown of hours, what £? we talking about.

Post by tragictramp »

A colleague of mine has asked me to find out how much they should expect if they dropped their hours down from 39 hours to 22.5, they have 7 years service.

Anyone have any experience in likely payments, or is their a magical formula?


cheers.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Buydown of hours, what £? we talking about.

Post by feduppostie »

sadly nothing now - I believe that time has come and gone
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Buydown of hours, what £? we talking about.

Post by vanman90 »

about £2000
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Buydown of hours, what £? we talking about.

Post by dvbuk55 »

tragictramp wrote:A colleague of mine has asked me to find out how much they should expect if they dropped their hours down from 39 hours to 22.5, they have 7 years service.

Anyone have any experience in likely payments, or is their a magical formula?


cheers.
Believe it or not the original buy down was almost 10 years ago which is when I took it. I have since dropped hours twice and received nothing but that was at my request. Normally any buy downs now would be on a revision or when there are excess hours in your office.
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: Buydown of hours, what £? we talking about.

Post by Tuffers1875 »

I got just short of 17 grand a year ago, going from 39 to 23, not that I work anywhere near 23 hours mind :cool

I have to work one more year as part of the agreement at the dog hole and I can say, san fairy ann to the shite hole.

My next door neighbour is a copper and he said to me he wants to be a postie :left: what a numpty :chuckle

Stupid job.