ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Employee survey results - lies

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Employee survey results - lies

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Thank you to everyone who took part in this year’s employee survey. We’re pleased to reveal that the results are now in.

The response rate this year was 85%. This was a terrific achievement, and an increase of 10% on last year.

Across the board, almost all scores were up, with the Employee Engagement score at 54. This is four more than last year. Scores improved in 68 questions and stayed the same on one. There were no areas within Royal Mail where scores fell.
Got to be all lies . The whole company is terrible to work for.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by mdm »

The survey has always been a load of bollocks, since we've had the park and loop crap morale has gone through the floor! I don't know anybody in my office that had much good to say that's for sure.
arthur was right
Posts: 68
Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by arthur was right »

Fab company and brilliant work mates and good pay! I love this job ,meeting the customers and helping my fellow workers.
Theres niggles in every job but like I say...I wouldn't be anywhere else.....
I find the managers are okay and fair. Bet theres some worse jobs out there. Door 2 doors are a bit annoying but its extra money
and it keeps us all in jobs. I am surprised that only 85% were happy...thought it would have been in high 90s..............
Jambomatt1874
Posts: 168
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by Jambomatt1874 »

arthur was right wrote:Fab company and brilliant work mates and good pay! I love this job ,meeting the customers and helping my fellow workers.
Theres niggles in every job but like I say...I wouldn't be anywhere else.....
I find the managers are okay and fair. Bet theres some worse jobs out there. Door 2 doors are a bit annoying but its extra money
and it keeps us all in jobs. I am surprised that only 85% were happy...thought it would have been in high 90s..............
Your at the wind up eh
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by wabbithunta »

arthur was right wrote:Fab company and brilliant work mates and good pay! I love this job ,meeting the customers and helping my fellow workers.
Theres niggles in every job but like I say...I wouldn't be anywhere else.....
I find the managers are okay and fair. Bet theres some worse jobs out there. Door 2 doors are a bit annoying but its extra money
and it keeps us all in jobs. I am surprised that only 85% were happy...thought it would have been in high 90s..............

:hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm Extracting the Michael are we? :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by 5plusbonusball »

He must be new :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by blisterfeet »

But the wordings of the questions meant that there was never going to be a true reading. Questions like "would you still like to be working for Royal Mail in 12 months time?" A lot of people would have ticked yes because I'd rather work for R.M than not have a job. A better question would have been are you happy working for RM? typical RM twisting facts and figures to suit themselves
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"The response rate this year was 85%" but was that 85% of employees or 85% of those, which excludes all at my small office, who received the survey ? :crazy:
And an "Employee Engagement score" is meaningless if they get no, inevitably negative, response from those of us who, like no survey, receive next to no information about what's happening within the company. :shock:
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by wabbithunta »

That's like saying eight out of ten people surveyed "liked" Brand X, but the other twelve out of the twenty, well they bloody hated it! lol
You can iterpret what you like out of them.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12178
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It's not worth the paper it's printed on, nothing ever gets done about it
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by borgpicard »

Jambomatt1874 wrote:
arthur was right wrote:Fab company and brilliant work mates and good pay! I love this job ,meeting the customers and helping my fellow workers.
Theres niggles in every job but like I say...I wouldn't be anywhere else.....
I find the managers are okay and fair. Bet theres some worse jobs out there. Door 2 doors are a bit annoying but its extra money
and it keeps us all in jobs. I am surprised that only 85% were happy...thought it would have been in high 90s..............
Your at the wind up eh
gotta be on drugs ? :nana
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by Gold Fox »

arthur was right wrote:Fab company and brilliant work mates and good pay! I love this job ,meeting the customers and helping my fellow workers.
Theres niggles in every job but like I say...I wouldn't be anywhere else.....
I find the managers are okay and fair. Bet theres some worse jobs out there. Door 2 doors are a bit annoying but its extra money
and it keeps us all in jobs. I am surprised that only 85% were happy...thought it would have been in high 90s..............
Well said.... postmans qualifications and abilities ... which job pays you take home £350 for 39 hrs a week with 2 days off ? just name the jobs if you can ??????
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by blisterfeet »

Gold Fox wrote:
arthur was right wrote:Fab company and brilliant work mates and good pay! I love this job ,meeting the customers and helping my fellow workers.
Theres niggles in every job but like I say...I wouldn't be anywhere else.....
I find the managers are okay and fair. Bet theres some worse jobs out there. Door 2 doors are a bit annoying but its extra money
and it keeps us all in jobs. I am surprised that only 85% were happy...thought it would have been in high 90s..............
Well said.... postmans qualifications and abilities ... which job pays you take home £350 for 39 hrs a week with 2 days off ? just name the jobs if you can ??????
I agree the wages are very good for an unskilled job (not sure a £350 a week take home is right) but that doesn't give the company the right to treat it's employees like dirt. If a persons getting paid £100 a week or £1000 a week they all deserved to be treated with respect. Something sadly lacking in Royal Mail.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by Dorset Plodder »

This job's so easy and well paid GF......that's why Delivery Offices are understaffed and Management are saying it's difficult to recruit. :hmmmm It's taken for granted that all Offices and Duties are different, but I believe the cushy old days are well behind us (if in fact you ever had a chance at them). :whistle

This job is now quite a physical, and never ending, slog. Posties are picking up minor injuries along the way and not getting adequate rest time or treatment to recover from them. I know some people say, "It's not as hard as the Armed Forces/Police/Fire Service etc" however I believe their Management are a lot better, and they actually care about their people. Unlike ours who are just worrying about their next bonus and keeping their immediate boss happy! :no no

A lot of physically challenging, unpleasant jobs, with unsocial hours, have always historically commanded a higher wage than you would have thought. I would say ours falls into that category, it's got nothing to do with intelligence or qualifications. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Employee survey results - lies

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Well said DP. The job is well paid and any monkey who's dropped out of school can do it, but the price at the end of your career should be an enjoying retirement not constant health issues or early death. Delivery is the worst place to be.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??