ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leaving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Duckins
Posts: 17
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 08:22
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Duckins »

I have amother job lined up, is it a weeks notice I need to give? and if so can I have notice in on the Saturday before my annual leave week never to return again :-)
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Leaving

Post by Gold Fox »

yes
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Leaving

Post by arnold cheshire »

Duckins wrote:I have amother job lined up, is it a weeks notice I need to give? and if so can I have notice in on the Saturday before my annual leave week never to return again :-)
depends how much leave you have already taken :thumbup
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Leaving

Post by arnold cheshire »

Duckins wrote:I have amother job lined up, is it a weeks notice I need to give? and if so can I have notice in on the Saturday before my annual leave week never to return again :-)
if you have had less than a quarter of your annual leave including next week then you will be ok even then a quarter will be to the end of june
Duckins
Posts: 17
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 08:22
Gender: Male

Re: Leaving

Post by Duckins »

Cheers everyone, I should be ok....not had any annual leave since november
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Leaving

Post by Gold Fox »

Duckins............ keep in touch ... lets us know how you are getting on with new job ? good luck ..
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Leaving

Post by baldrick »

Good luck with your new job. I hope your new employer treats you better than Royal Mail.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: Leaving

Post by koolishy67 »

:Applause :Applause :Applause :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Leaving

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image

Don't be a stranger
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
scrapsaturdays
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
Gender: Male

Re: Leaving

Post by scrapsaturdays »

Good luck. Out of interest how many years service have you done ?
Duckins
Posts: 17
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 08:22
Gender: Male

Re: Leaving

Post by Duckins »

Thanks I'll keep intouch and hope everything is good for everyone n the future..I have been a postie for 12 years. Must say have seen too much bullying from management in that time