ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
strange o/t
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
strange o/t
It will be interesting in the morning when I tell my line manager that I went over by an hour not due to that c!!p we have had the joy of delivering but due to the fact I had to wait 1 hour for my mail to be dropped off do you think they will pay it?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: strange o/t
Should do it's simple. You turned up for work on time, had no reason to book overtime before going out and this was an ad hoc hour's overtime not caused by you. Ask him if he'd have preferred you to ring him after the hour wait informing him you were cutting off, or would he rather you went over an hour and completed??
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: strange o/t
He will only pay you 20 minutes as you should have had your meal break while you were waiting. Thats if you werent made to take it before you started work 
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: strange o/t
That's not right as you get paid for meal breaks and I went 1 hr over so therefore will claim it
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: strange o/t
The way I see you were in work time, if a van driver is held up in traffic for 40 mins, would the driver be expected to class that as meal relief time. If the manager had contacted you to tell you stop waiting and take your meal relief then that would be different. In a well managed situation the late delivery of your bag should of been flagged up and for you to be informed. I am sure the argument could be developed for both sides, each putting in a counter argument, that takes time, which has a money value, a zealous does not understand this, sadly RM have more than their fair share off them.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: strange o/t
I suppose if they don't pay lesson learned and I will cut off although nobody seems to answer phone in the office but I would keep log of calls on my mobile would I need to do anything else?
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: strange o/t
Simple if he wont pay you, inform him if it ever happens again you will be cutting offterry2972 wrote:I suppose if they don't pay lesson learned and I will cut off although nobody seems to answer phone in the office but I would keep log of calls on my mobile would I need to do anything else?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: strange o/t
"if a van driver is held up in traffic for 40 mins, would the driver be expected to class that as meal relief time?"newtimes wrote:The way I see you were in work time, if a van driver is held up in traffic for 40 mins, would the driver be expected to class that as meal relief time. If the manager had contacted you to tell you stop waiting and take your meal relief then that would be different. In a well managed situation the late delivery of your bag should of been flagged up and for you to be informed. I am sure the argument could be developed for both sides, each putting in a counter argument, that takes time, which has a money value, a zealous does not understand this, sadly RM have more than their fair share off them.
Probably, because if the van's stationary you're not going to spill your coffee.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: strange o/t
well saidebbzie wrote:Simple if he wont pay you, inform him if it ever happens again you will be cutting offterry2972 wrote:I suppose if they don't pay lesson learned and I will cut off although nobody seems to answer phone in the office but I would keep log of calls on my mobile would I need to do anything else?