ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Thank you, Thank you very much.
I hope you enjoyed spending the devils money.
I hope you enjoyed spending the devils money.
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
I voted 'No'.
I knew it would be s**t and that money was just a carrot for all the stupid donkeys to take.
I knew it would be s**t and that money was just a carrot for all the stupid donkeys to take.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Solidarity with the workers eh?
Those who don't agree with you must be stupid donkeys?
If your arguments against the agreement were so strong, how come you weren't able to dissuade the majority of your colleagues?
Those who don't agree with you must be stupid donkeys?
If your arguments against the agreement were so strong, how come you weren't able to dissuade the majority of your colleagues?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Money talk's Clash. Money Talks.
also it's the fact that everyone gets to vote but it's always the delivery side that takes the brunt of the s**t thrown around by Moya and the gang.
MC's etc voted to get a flat rate delivery supplement for everyone across the board, again shafted the delivery side of the operation.
Moya et al know that they will get whatever they want if they chuck some money at people.
I voted No, sadly I was in the minority.
also it's the fact that everyone gets to vote but it's always the delivery side that takes the brunt of the s**t thrown around by Moya and the gang.
MC's etc voted to get a flat rate delivery supplement for everyone across the board, again shafted the delivery side of the operation.
Moya et al know that they will get whatever they want if they chuck some money at people.
I voted No, sadly I was in the minority.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
i voted no in 2010 for the deal of the century i voted yes in 2014
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
clashcityrocker wrote:If your arguments against the agreement were so strong, how come you weren't able to dissuade the majority of your colleagues?
To be fair he didn't have a lump sum and 10 month's worth of back pay to offer, nor an organised and well funded anti-agreement communication campaign, the backing of the union locally or nationally, the backing of the business or indeed the kind of resources it takes to come up with a viable plan B, but your point whatever is left of it is noted....lol as the kids would say.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
How many MCs closed? How many lost their jobs or were forced to travel many miles to keep them?doorstepped wrote:
also it's the fact that everyone gets to vote but it's always the delivery side that takes the brunt of the s**t thrown around by Moya and the gang.
MC's etc voted to get a flat rate delivery supplement for everyone across the board, again shafted the delivery side of the operation.
Moya et al know that they will get whatever they want if they chuck some money at people.
I voted No, sadly I was in the minority.
How many thousands more work in delivery?
What do you think the "delivery" supplement is in a MC? Because it isn't as much as your Delivery Supplement in delivery.
Perhaps if your arguments had been backed by facts instead of the fantasies that pass for reality in your head, you might have had a chance.
But if you talk nonsense, no-one is going to listen.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Voted no again too , always do ,don't trust em at all .
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Voted No, always vote NO the 1st time.
As for comments about MC staff voting in pay rise - go do the maths.
How many MC's closed in the last ten years?
How many DO's closed in the last ten years?
How many are employed in MC's?
How many work on Delivery?
Any pay deal, or agreement, will never ever get voted in solely on the votes from MC's.
I will always grant you that Delivery may work harder and deserve more pay, but that is a different ball game.
As for comments about MC staff voting in pay rise - go do the maths.
How many MC's closed in the last ten years?
How many DO's closed in the last ten years?
How many are employed in MC's?
How many work on Delivery?
Any pay deal, or agreement, will never ever get voted in solely on the votes from MC's.
I will always grant you that Delivery may work harder and deserve more pay, but that is a different ball game.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
I work in delivery, I never understand the phrase work harder. I have always started on time and taken my breaks. Job and finish is gone, it only really existed since 2nd delivery was scrapped. So I come in on time, have a break and work till my finish time. I don't run, I use the methods assigned to my delivery. I can only deliver to one address at a time. I would rather do delivery than work in an MC. I can imagine how boring that must be just from the time we are stuck on the IPS, mind numbingly dull. I'll carry on working hard if that is the alternative.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Makes sense to me.micksurrey wrote:I work in delivery, I never understand the phrase work harder. I have always started on time and taken my breaks. Job and finish is gone, it only really existed since 2nd delivery was scrapped. So I come in on time, have a break and work till my finish time. I don't run, I use the methods assigned to my delivery. I can only deliver to one address at a time. I would rather do delivery than work in an MC. I can imagine how boring that must be just from the time we are stuck on the IPS, mind numbingly dull. I'll carry on working hard if that is the alternative.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
clashcityrocker wrote:Solidarity with the workers eh?
Those who don't agree with you must be stupid donkeys?
If your arguments against the agreement were so strong, how come you weren't able to dissuade the majority of your colleagues?
Indeed. It seems some on here consistently equate 'change' with 'being shafted'.
Some people need to get used to the fact we no longer work for a state monopoly but a competing private company. The bottom line is that lower costs and increasing revenue underpin our jobs, which are relatively safe and well paid compared to most in a similar skills-bracket.
When push comes to shove we have a national agreement via the CWU which means (in theory) we merely need to work our hours; additional demands can either be met within those hours or not in which case you get o/t or don't complete it.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
bustedflush wrote:clashcityrocker wrote:Solidarity with the workers eh?
Those who don't agree with you must be stupid donkeys?
If your arguments against the agreement were so strong, how come you weren't able to dissuade the majority of your colleagues?
Indeed. It seems some on here consistently equate 'change' with 'being shafted'.
Some people need to get used to the fact we no longer work for a state monopoly but a competing private company. The bottom line is that lower costs and increasing revenue underpin our jobs, which are relatively safe and well paid compared to most in a similar skills-bracket.
When push comes to shove we have a national agreement via the CWU which means (in theory) we merely need to work our hours; additional demands can either be met within those hours or not in which case you get o/t or don't complete it.
I agree with that too. Maybe there are some sensible people here, after all.
-
stephenb19578
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 27 Nov 2012, 22:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
Is this the deal that gave us a 5 year legal protection in a declining letters market? Is this the deal that put Fairness,dignity and respect at the core of any negotations from local to national level? Is this the deal that gave us a decent rise? Is this the deal that will relaunch the i/r framework? Is this the deal that says no outsourcing etc? A deal is not only what it contains but how you use it. If you choose to ignore the positive aspects and let management take advantage then thats hardly the negotiators fault. I dont remember how many,if any,branches recommended a no vote. I voted yes and stand by it.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Those who voted yes to new Agreement.
F d and respect ahhhhhhhhhh that one .