Hi,
Since March 2014 I have been working in different delivery offices. Some weeks I have to work in 2-3 different delivery offices.
Im on 25 hours per week rota.
Eg: I initially started work at Delivery Office A and then was transferred to Office B on March 2014. Ever since i started working there I have been working at different offices.
Even though my current office is Office B, Office A still deals with my salary.
Few of the colleagues told me that I should be paid for fuel if i travel to different offices. IS that true? If that is the case I never received any payments so far.
Whom should I speak to regarding this matter?
Warm Regards
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
You get paid it if its further from home than your normal Delivery Office. 
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
Yes it's true, you're also entitled to show up at office A on your start time and expect a lift to office B. However if you're happy enough driving to office B then you can claim back mileage. Don't get fobbed off, speak to union rep.
-
coxybaby
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 15:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
I had this when I first started in Liverpool 2 years ago. My main office was small and rarely needed me. I think I only ever did 4 duties there. So every time I was sent elsewhere I was told to clock the miles from my office to the one I was sent to. And back again for the return journey. My manager told me to email him every month with the total mileage, my car reg and my pay number. 5 days later I'd have the money in my bank! Some managers will do it differently but you should definitely claim if you are using your own car and fuel to get you anywhere other than the office that has you on their payroll.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
Lounge Lizard wrote:You get paid it if its further from home than your normal Delivery Office.
Thats on transfer isn't it LL - according to the P&M07 agreement people should turn up at their normal office and then go to the other office, subsistence and allowances are payable.
CWU AND ROYAL MAIL PAY AND MODERNISATION AGREEMENT - APRIL 2007/2009
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... es#p189671" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working in nearby offices – Areas will identify and agree with the CWU locally a approach (which could include the use of volunteers and reserves) to working in nearby offices within employees’ contracted hours which will include travel times and appropriate travel and subsistence arrangements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
What if you are working your day off? I claim 45p/mile.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Working in nearby offices – Areas will identify and agree with the CWU locally a approach (which could include the use of volunteers and reserves) to working in nearby offices within employees’ contracted hours which will include travel times and appropriate travel and subsistence arrangements.
Last edited by datasaint on 08 Jun 2014, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
If you are working on your day off there is no difference, the allowances are payable when you are working whether its overtime or not.norm wrote:What if you are working your day off? I claim 0.45p/mile.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Working in nearby offices – Areas will identify and agree with the CWU locally a approach (which could include the use of volunteers and reserves) to working in nearby offices within employees’ contracted hours which will include travel times and appropriate travel and subsistence arrangements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sanjayrocks
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
Thank you very much for all the replies. No manager ever told me about this.
Will they backdate all my travelling expenses?
What if they say they cannot pay. Can i say then that if they dont agree to pay me I will not go to other offices to work. Just work in my current office.
Thanks in advance
Will they backdate all my travelling expenses?
What if they say they cannot pay. Can i say then that if they dont agree to pay me I will not go to other offices to work. Just work in my current office.
Thanks in advance
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Payment for travelling to different delivery offices
Backdated claims -Possibly - try and if the don't get the union involved.
If they refuse then again get the Union involved, and perhaps mention ET, grievance etc. You are entitled so whilst they may be difficult, they should still pay you what you are entitled to.
If they refuse then again get the Union involved, and perhaps mention ET, grievance etc. You are entitled so whilst they may be difficult, they should still pay you what you are entitled to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.