ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

O/t Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

O/t Holidays

Post by bluealbert »

On a brighter note where's everybody going on there hols :nana hoping to go to Tenerife in September :thumbup
coxybaby
Posts: 22
Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 15:57
Gender: Female

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by coxybaby »

We're off to the Lake District for a camping and kayaking holiday! Was meant to go to Tenerife in August oddly enough but I wasn't granted the dates off. It'll still be scorchio in September for you! Have fun :-)
Also it's nice to see a thread about something other than how miserable RM is making some of us
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by arnold cheshire »

does O/t mean our time ?
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by mickeymacca »

Western Isles of Scotland, then Italy/ Med before returning for a few weeks to work over Xmas, then India and maybe Nepal, back to Europe and maybe Spain and Portugal, Ireland and Cornwall and back to work in September 2015......

you did ask
'Libraries gave us power'
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by Hitcher »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by mickeymacca »

Hitcher wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
that is bleak, you need a break in this job now.......
'Libraries gave us power'
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Off topic in its own topic - Arghhhhh I have been caught in a logic loop.

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by datasaint »

Hitcher wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
Not possible? Least I was told this.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

norm wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
Not possible? Least I was told this.
Its possible if you ignore the agreements that say you shouldn't work whilst on leave. I wouldn't.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by datasaint »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
norm wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
Not possible? Least I was told this.
Its possible if you ignore the agreements that say you shouldn't work whilst on leave. I wouldn't.
The manager might be ok with it, but won't it be flagged up with HR?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Have never known it to happen when people have done it in my office.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by mickeymacca »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Have never known it to happen when people have done it in my office.
come on, just tell us where you're going on holiday man..... :Very Happy
'Libraries gave us power'
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by arnold cheshire »

Hitcher wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
thats what i thought this topic was about
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by Hitcher »

norm wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
norm wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:does O/t mean our time ?
O/t holidays = working overtime when you're actually on leave.
Not possible? Least I was told this.
Its possible if you ignore the agreements that say you shouldn't work whilst on leave. I wouldn't.
The manager might be ok with it, but won't it be flagged up with HR?
Obviously not as it happens all the time at our DO.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: O/t Holidays

Post by bluealbert »

Ffs lighten up I'm talking about HOLIDAYS so many doom and gloom merchants on here :arrrghhh :arrrghhh