ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Door 2 Doors

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Door 2 Doors

Post by Newbie001 »

What is the official policy on delivering d2d's to tenements/flats.
I'm mostly spare and cover different walks. At tenements/flats a high percentage will have the d2d's put on the bottom step. I always post them through the door but it seems a lot of posties don't, am i being silly going up all stairs if I don't need to. Would ask my dom but don't want to get other posties into trouble.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

They get delivered/left wherever the other mail is left simple as. Don't do any less or any more, as either could end up causing trouble.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by Newbie001 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:They get delivered/left wherever the other mail is left simple as. Don't do any less or any more, as either could end up causing trouble.
Sorry would just like to clarify. If you've got no mail or just have some for ground or first floor only. Then its OK to leave the door to doors for the upper floors on the bottom step.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Newbie001 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:They get delivered/left wherever the other mail is left simple as. Don't do any less or any more, as either could end up causing trouble.
Sorry would just like to clarify. If you've got no mail or just have some for ground or first floor only. Then its OK to leave the door to doors for the upper floors on the bottom step.
No

It does not matter what the mail/D2D is, there is only 1 official drop point per delivery - that should be used. No if no buts.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by clashcityrocker »

And I have known a postie be sacked for leaving the D2D on the bottom step.
Would you leave other live mail on the bottom step?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by Newbie001 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Newbie001 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:They get delivered/left wherever the other mail is left simple as. Don't do any less or any more, as either could end up causing trouble.
Sorry would just like to clarify. If you've got no mail or just have some for ground or first floor only. Then its OK to leave the door to doors for the upper floors on the bottom step.
No

It does not matter what the mail/D2D is, there is only 1 official drop point per delivery - that should be used. No if no buts.

I thought so. But saw so many d2d's recently just left on steps I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Thanks.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by krussel »

Those leaflet guys (you know the ones who turn up in a white van) always leave leaflets on the bottom steps of flats around our way. Had a few complaints but been able to tell there not ours from the contracts. If this is happening all the time I would inform your manager in prep for the complaint.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by Newbie001 »

krussel wrote:Those leaflet guys (you know the ones who turn up in a white van) always leave leaflets on the bottom steps of flats around our way. Had a few complaints but been able to tell there not ours from the contracts. If this is happening all the time I would inform your manager in prep for the complaint.
They are definitely ours. And as a spare doing different rounds each day it would also mean grassing quite a few posties. Probably best I keep quite for now.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by chrisj »

I should just add that the d2ds should really be bundled up at the back or front of the mail and posted through the letter boxes or wall boxes of flats and normal households.

I had exactly the same situation today - d2ds left on top of the mail boxes and it has been there since monday; in fact it was getting the way as some were A4 size. I just dropped them on the floor.

I was told by a P&L partner (I am a reserve) to leave the d2ds bundled up for an old people's (retirement) home and leave it in their foyer. I declined and just prepped them with the mail and delivered them (they were on my loop anyway). I was told that is what they wanted* but I find it easier to just prep the whole thing with the mail as I normally do.

* They can always opt out if they do not want them.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by dave72 »

I have some flats on my round and all the boxes are in the lobby, all the tenants do is empty their boxes onto the floor.

Sometimes I think to myself I could save 5 minutes if I just lob them all on the floor for them
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Door 2 Doors

Post by 5plusbonusball »

The leaflet guys round here leave flyers on gates to save opening them, or stairs, steps etc . let's not sink to their level, we get blamed enough for other firms shortcutting.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??