ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

P & L "partner" has a hospital appointment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

P & L "partner" has a hospital appointment

Post by centenaryman »

just attempting to get a bit of advise/feeling as to were I stand.....in a couple of days my p & l partner has an appointment at the local hospital.

he has told the d.o.m who said right you can go but youll have to break off from delivering and return after appointment and catch up.

he is part time 0830-230......im fulltime 630-230

whats expected of me,,,,am I to go an do my loops.....leaving him if I finish.....am I expected to stay out and help him finish?

I`ll see the rep in the morning,,,,due to this appointment being in the middle of the morning we reckon he`ll be away from his loops for 1 1/2hrs min....that's if the hospital are quick and no hold ups?

thanks
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: P & L "partner" has a hospital appointment

Post by arnold cheshire »

centenaryman wrote:just attempting to get a bit of advise/feeling as to were I stand.....in a couple of days my p & l partner has an appointment at the local hospital.

he has told the d.o.m who said right you can go but youll have to break off from delivering and return after appointment and catch up.

he is part time 0830-230......im fulltime 630-230

whats expected of me,,,,am I to go an do my loops.....leaving him if I finish.....am I expected to stay out and help him finish?

I`ll see the rep in the morning,,,,due to this appointment being in the middle of the morning we reckon he`ll be away from his loops for 1 1/2hrs min....that's if the hospital are quick and no hold ups?

thanks
do your loops and dont worry not your problem dont worry :thumbup
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: P & L "partner" has a hospital appointment

Post by postypie »

So what happens if your mates appointment takes longer than expected and he doesn't get out until late in the evening?
Sounds like your manager isn't the most helpful or thoughtful person in the world and is just covering his back so he doesn't have to take it out.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: P & L "partner" has a hospital appointment

Post by centenaryman »

ye saw my rep this morning,,,he said nope that's not happening,,,,,,and after a discussion with the boss i`m to carry on as normal and a lad on rehab will do the 1st 2 loops for my partner and see what happens from there.....but i`m just to do my days work,,,,6 loops....but yeah we have said appointments in hospitals can vary from quick to hours soooo LOL that's there problem
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: P & L "partner" has a hospital appointment

Post by DB1100 »

centenaryman wrote:ye saw my rep this morning,,,he said nope that's not happening,,,,,,and after a discussion with the boss i`m to carry on as normal and a lad on rehab will do the 1st 2 loops for my partner and see what happens from there.....but i`m just to do my days work,,,,6 loops....but yeah we have said appointments in hospitals can vary from quick to hours soooo LOL that's there problem
Also when the poor person has had his appointment he might not feel like going back to work.
For we were soldiers once,and young