ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Summer Lapsing Song...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by wabbithunta »

Here's something for you, if you wish to "expand" on it..

Summer Lapsing and songs for said period [This one is to the tune of "Summer Nights" from Grease]

I got the first two verses down, so maybe you want to add to it? If you do so you have to use this song.


Summer lapsing had me a blast ohh yeah
Summer lapsing happened so fast
I had some mail for delivery
And some specials for five companies

Summer days drifting away
To, uh oh, those summer nights

Well-a well-a well-a, huh
Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far?
Tell me more, tell me more
Like "Did you leave a red card?"



Over to you...?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by clashcityrocker »

Been there. Done that. Bought the t-shirt.
Reworded Song Lyrics in the Canteen.

[Danny]
Summer lapsin' had me a blast

[Sandy]
Summer lapsin' happened so fast

[Danny]
I met a DOM crazy for me

[Sandy]
Met a rep - cute as can be

[Both]
Summer days driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights

[Everyone]
Uh Well-a well-a well-a huh

[Thunderbirds]
Tell me more, tell me more

[Doody]
Did you go very far?

[Pink Ladies]
Tell me more, tell me more

[Marty]
Did you use your own car?

[Everyone]
Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh

[Danny]
She was excited by the capacity plan

[Sandy]
He said we're startin' an overtime ban

[Danny]
I said I'm going to disagreement hen

[Sandy]
He showed me BT 2010

[Both]
Summer sun, something's begun, but uh-oh those summer nights

[Everyone]
Uh well-a well-a well-a huh

[Pink Ladies]
Tell me more, tell me more



[Danny]
Made a phone call - Area rep

[Sandy]
He's like my lapdog - I call him Shep

[Danny]
5 hour delivery - God what a shock

[Sandy]
One stayed out 'till ten o'clock

[Both]
National agreements, don't mean a thing, but uh-oh those summer nights
[Everyone]
shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop,shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, YEH

[Both]
Summer heat, DOM and rep meet, but uh-oh those summer nights


[Sandy]
It turned colder - they thought lapsin' would end

[Danny]
I have lost all of my friends

[Sandy]
I made him sign our local "vow"

[Danny]
Why the feck are we still lapsin' now?

[Both]
National agreements don't mean a thing
bu-ut oh, those su-ummer nights....

[Everyone]
Tell me more, tell me more!
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by lala »

clashcityrocker wrote:Been there. Done that. Bought the t-shirt.
Reworded Song Lyrics in the Canteen.

[Danny]
Summer lapsin' had me a blast

[Sandy]
Summer lapsin' happened so fast

[Danny]
I met a DOM crazy for me

[Sandy]
Met a rep - cute as can be

[Both]
Summer days driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights

[Everyone]
Uh Well-a well-a well-a huh

[Thunderbirds]
Tell me more, tell me more

[Doody]
Did you go very far?

[Pink Ladies]
Tell me more, tell me more

[Marty]
Did you use your own car?

[Everyone]
Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh

[Danny]
She was excited by the capacity plan

[Sandy]
He said we're startin' an overtime ban

[Danny]
I said I'm going to disagreement hen

[Sandy]
He showed me BT 2010

[Both]
Summer sun, something's begun, but uh-oh those summer nights

[Everyone]
Uh well-a well-a well-a huh

[Pink Ladies]
Tell me more, tell me more



[Danny]
Made a phone call - Area rep

[Sandy]
He's like my lapdog - I call him Shep

[Danny]
5 hour delivery - God what a shock

[Sandy]
One stayed out 'till ten o'clock

[Both]
National agreements, don't mean a thing, but uh-oh those summer nights
[Everyone]
shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop,shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, YEH

[Both]
Summer heat, DOM and rep meet, but uh-oh those summer nights


[Sandy]
It turned colder - they thought lapsin' would end

[Danny]
I have lost all of my friends

[Sandy]
I made him sign our local "vow"

[Danny]
Why the feck are we still lapsin' now?

[Both]
National agreements don't mean a thing
bu-ut oh, those su-ummer nights....

[Everyone]
Tell me more, tell me more!
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by holly123 »

GOOD LADS NEED MORE OF YOU :crazy:
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by bustedflush »

Funnily enough, all week without knowledge of this idea/thread I have been rewriting the 'Summer Lovin'' song in my head in a similar way - I suppose it's the obvious thing that springs to mind when 'Summer Lapsing' comes up.

'Summer lapsing, it comes round so fast
The bastards said it wasn't to last'
Now here we are, still doing it in March'

Summer lapsing, need my brolly,
Have no time to use my trolley

Wella wella etc.

Summer lapsing, no time to pause
And now I got seven door-doors.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by wabbithunta »

clashcityrocker wrote:Been there. Done that. Bought the t-shirt.
Reworded Song Lyrics in the Canteen.

[Danny]
Summer lapsin' had me a blast

[Sandy]
Summer lapsin' happened so fast

[Danny]
I met a DOM crazy for me

[Sandy]
Met a rep - cute as can be

[Both]
Summer days driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights

[Everyone]
Uh Well-a well-a well-a huh

[Thunderbirds]
Tell me more, tell me more

[Doody]
Did you go very far?

[Pink Ladies]
Tell me more, tell me more

[Marty]
Did you use your own car?

[Everyone]
Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh

[Danny]
She was excited by the capacity plan

[Sandy]
He said we're startin' an overtime ban

[Danny]
I said I'm going to disagreement hen

[Sandy]
He showed me BT 2010

[Both]
Summer sun, something's begun, but uh-oh those summer nights

[Everyone]
Uh well-a well-a well-a huh

[Pink Ladies]
Tell me more, tell me more



[Danny]
Made a phone call - Area rep

[Sandy]
He's like my lapdog - I call him Shep

[Danny]
5 hour delivery - God what a shock

[Sandy]
One stayed out 'till ten o'clock

[Both]
National agreements, don't mean a thing, but uh-oh those summer nights
[Everyone]
shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop,shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, YEH

[Both]
Summer heat, DOM and rep meet, but uh-oh those summer nights


[Sandy]
It turned colder - they thought lapsin' would end

[Danny]
I have lost all of my friends

[Sandy]
I made him sign our local "vow"

[Danny]
Why the feck are we still lapsin' now?

[Both]
National agreements don't mean a thing
bu-ut oh, those su-ummer nights....

[Everyone]
Tell me more, tell me more!
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Good one.. much better than mine. This only came to me today when the DOM was doing the Shirk Time Learning speech with us all

No doubt there are other songs that are somewhat adaptable to Lapsing and I bet you've have even adapted some, apart from this one.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by arnold cheshire »

lapsing absorbing goes on all year in our office :thumbup
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by stodgy88 »

indoor song in our office YO A HEAVE OH. from spartcus i think.
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Re: Summer Lapsing Song...

Post by El-Bandito »

Clashcityrocker YOU really do have too much time on your hands m8 :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa