ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
£20 note!
-
Killersurfbunny
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 17:34
- Gender: Male
£20 note!
Last week while on delivery I spotted a £20 note lying in the middle of the pavement, not on private property and nobody nearby so I picked it up.
Three days later while back in the same area a woman getting in her car starts shouting at me, she reckons her husband saw me, from their house, pick up the money and that it belonged to her.
She didn't give me a chance to speak! As she drove off she shouted 'you'll be sacked for this'.
Now I'm pretty certain that even if she complains I'll be ok because anyone could have dropped it, but should I have handed it in to lino because I was in uniform?
Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity.
Three days later while back in the same area a woman getting in her car starts shouting at me, she reckons her husband saw me, from their house, pick up the money and that it belonged to her.
She didn't give me a chance to speak! As she drove off she shouted 'you'll be sacked for this'.
Now I'm pretty certain that even if she complains I'll be ok because anyone could have dropped it, but should I have handed it in to lino because I was in uniform?
Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: £20 note!
Should have handed it to police,and told lino
It can be regarded as "theft by finding"
That apart if her husband saw you why didn't they challenge you at the time?
On a personal note anything I've found I've handed in
Its not mine so I'm not interested in keeping it.
It can be regarded as "theft by finding"
That apart if her husband saw you why didn't they challenge you at the time?
On a personal note anything I've found I've handed in
Its not mine so I'm not interested in keeping it.
I won
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: £20 note!
Killersurfbunny wrote:Last week while on delivery I spotted a £20 note lying in the middle of the pavement, not on private property and nobody nearby so I picked it up.
Three days later while back in the same area a woman getting in her car starts shouting at me, she reckons her husband saw me, from their house, pick up the money and that it belonged to her.
She didn't give me a chance to speak! As she drove off she shouted 'you'll be sacked for this'.
Now I'm pretty certain that even if she complains I'll be ok because anyone could have dropped it, but should I have handed it in to lino because I was in uniform?
Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity.
If you can prove this to them then tell them what you did with it.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
deny all!!! I lost a fiver Saturday, good luck to ever found it!!!
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
Deny all sounds good. f**k her, f**k him, I bet the mouthy witch wouldn't hand in a lost note and a man stooping to pick up a scrap of paper/dropped letter is just that. No proof, don't provide them with any.
-
Craig_Fairbrass
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 11:26
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
Deny everything! Unless they have proof of you picking it up then there isn't a case to answer. You were bent down to retie your bootlaces were you not? 
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: £20 note!
Are you sure it hadn't just fallen out of your pocket and you were just picking it back up ?
-
joesmyth912
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 22:41
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
as above say i havent a clue what your talking about - end of
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
I'm always bending down to pick up dropped elastic bands
I agree, deny all knowledge.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
As I posted a letter on saturday a 20 quid note fell out the letterbox!
I knocked on the door to hand it back, the lady who answered was very grateful obviously, turns out her little kid had posted it into the letterbox. : )
I knocked on the door to hand it back, the lady who answered was very grateful obviously, turns out her little kid had posted it into the letterbox. : )
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: £20 note!
I once found 20 p
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: £20 note!
Deny it, you're getting the blame because you're an easy target. Why didn't her husband challenge you at the time?
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
Say it was a dropped P739 card you picked up
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: £20 note!
say i dont know anything about itdave72 wrote:Say it was a dropped P739 card you picked up