ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What colour shorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

What colour shorts

Post by paulf0203 »

Can anyone advise me as to what colour our shorts have to be or can they be any colour?
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by bustedflush »

paulf0203 wrote:Can anyone advise me as to what colour our shorts have to be or can they be any colour?

You are supposed to wear those provided, which will be the standard RM kit colour. Same for any other piece of uniform. If you have none, order them. Some DIMs get shitty if you don't wear approved kit, plus if you ever have an accident it will be used against you, as it's a question on the ERICA form concerning approved clothing and safety gear.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: What colour shorts

Post by doorstepped »

I have always worn black cargo shorts.

the RM ones are so long they only just let your ankles get some air.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by Straight4ward »

doorstepped wrote:I have always worn black cargo shorts.
Black by all means - - -
Bermuda shorts.jpg
- - - but I don't think these would be a good idea.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: What colour shorts

Post by GT85 »

I've seen a postie who has shortened his shorts, thankfully not quite to daisy duke length, but still looks a bit odd. Only has half depth pockets now as well :funneh
We're all here because we're not all there
cobberwebb
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by cobberwebb »

I had to start wearing my own grey ones, cause they wouldn't give me a new pair as I have lost weight. :arrrghhh
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by datasaint »

I wear these. Well worth the price. Zip pockets keeps your phone save. Tough but lightweight material. Looks smarter than the boring grey RM shorts.

Image

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HELIKON-URBAN ... 3f274a2202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by paulf0203 »

doorstepped wrote:I have always worn black cargo shorts.

the RM ones are so long they only just let your ankles get some air.
As I'm 6ft 5ins I find them a bit short and don't cover my knock knees!
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: What colour shorts

Post by korky »

reminded me of when i 1st started, warm spring leading to a hot summer, i used to wear anything having no uniform, 2 women stood giggling behind be, 1 says to me "what happens if it rains"
i said i'd get wet like the rest of us, she replied "well we can see your bum through them shorts already!"
i'd dare not turn around :left:
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by paul1231 »

korky wrote:reminded me of when i 1st started, warm spring leading to a hot summer, i used to wear anything having no uniform, 2 women stood giggling behind be, 1 says to me "what happens if it rains"
i said i'd get wet like the rest of us, she replied "well we can see your bum through them shorts already!"
i'd dare not turn around :left:
:chuckle
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: What colour shorts

Post by RedBagMan »

Visions of an AOD and Management pull this stunt ...

Image
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Dumpys Rusty Nuts
Posts: 180
Joined: 15 May 2011, 21:50
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by Dumpys Rusty Nuts »

yes, I don't tend to wear shorts. I prefer the pink see through speedo,s. I find it a major talking point in the southern county village I deliver to. I am thinking of putting a harassment case in against mrs smith at no 69 Oral Lane. Every time I mince down her drive she shouts rude things like, " PUT IT IN MY BOX NEXT TIME and ,SLAM MY BACK GATES TILL THEY ARE SHUT. :wave
thecyclingexpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
Gender: Male

Re: What colour shorts

Post by thecyclingexpostie »

someone in the do i used to work from used to wear england football shorts and seemed to get away with it… :left:
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: What colour shorts

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Just don't wear your speedos ! but the girls should use bikini bottoms! :nervous
Why are lino's paid full-time ??