ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
Answered the phone to a customer, who told me, "I'm DISGUSTED with Royal Mail!" She then told me she'd posted important medication her daughter had left behind, and a week later, it hadn't arrived. She told me her daughter was crying/racked in pain etc.
As it wasn't a Special, Recorded, Tracked...I told her too see if she had proof of postage or contact customer services.
Turns out...she hadn't put enough postage on it and it was held in Charges.
And this was OUR FAULT?!
Oh well...we try our best.
As it wasn't a Special, Recorded, Tracked...I told her too see if she had proof of postage or contact customer services.
Turns out...she hadn't put enough postage on it and it was held in Charges.
And this was OUR FAULT?!
Oh well...we try our best.
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
Maybe she should send some of that humble pie she ought to be eating, to her poorly daughter.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
She probably complain about that too.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
One week later means we were too slow sending out an under payment card - just saying 
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
Don't give them your number. I'm buggered if I'd put up with customers calling me at home and ranting. Jeez, the cheek of it!Thunderthighs wrote:Answered the phone to a customer, who told me, "I'm DISGUSTED with Royal Mail!" She then told me she'd posted important medication her daughter had left behind, and a week later, it hadn't arrived. She told me her daughter was crying/racked in pain etc.
As it wasn't a Special, Recorded, Tracked...I told her too see if she had proof of postage or contact customer services.
Turns out...she hadn't put enough postage on it and it was held in Charges.
And this was OUR FAULT?!
Oh well...we try our best.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
I think you'll find they were referring to the number on card and not their home number. Although I'd be somewhat worried if they used an actual home number for people to use.Tuffers1875 wrote:Don't give them your number. I'm buggered if I'd put up with customers calling me at home and ranting. Jeez, the cheek of it!Thunderthighs wrote:Answered the phone to a customer, who told me, "I'm DISGUSTED with Royal Mail!" She then told me she'd posted important medication her daughter had left behind, and a week later, it hadn't arrived. She told me her daughter was crying/racked in pain etc.
As it wasn't a Special, Recorded, Tracked...I told her too see if she had proof of postage or contact customer services.
Turns out...she hadn't put enough postage on it and it was held in Charges.
And this was OUR FAULT?!
Oh well...we try our best.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
Get your facts right before spewing BS.That is what many customers should be doing.Just yesterday a bloke comes charging down the road "Oi!! YOU!!" To which i refuse to respond to and continue down the path to the next drop."You f**k!nk ignorant C*nt!" I then turn to leave the garden and he shoves a card in my face "why the fu*k have you put this in my door when i was in ?" The card was a "sorry we cant deliver due to incorrect postage blah blah."Have you read the card sir?" ."WHAT?" I just walked away from him at that point and all was quiet ,i turned around and he was walking back to his hovel with his tail between his legs,no apology.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
2pints wrote:Get your facts right before spewing BS.That is what many customers should be doing.Just yesterday a bloke comes charging down the road "Oi!! YOU!!" To which i refuse to respond to and continue down the path to the next drop."You f**k!nk ignorant C*nt!" I then turn to leave the garden and he shoves a card in my face "why the fu*k have you put this in my door when i was in ?" The card was a "sorry we cant deliver due to incorrect postage blah blah."Have you read the card sir?" ."WHAT?" I just walked away from him at that point and all was quiet ,i turned around and he was walking back to his hovel with his tail between his legs,no apology.
Hope you mentioned it when you got back to the office, so those on the counter could keep an eye out for him and then rub salt in the wound when he got to pick up the aforementioned item.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
cant we report knobheads like that and refuse to deliver, just for a week or so?
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
It's like those who ignore your knocking until they see the 739 pushing through 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
I tend to delay some important documents they might get the next day (like benefits etc) then they know how much we are needednew2me wrote:cant we report knobheads like that and refuse to deliver, just for a week or so?
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
They're deaf.5plusbonusball wrote:It's like those who ignore your knocking until they see the 739 pushing through
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
in our area we have a lot or doctors so youd expect them to of had a decent education but honestly they cant even read a 739 card. one time I had one ask me why the office was closed when she went to pick up a parcel. I said shuts at 12pm. she said I made it just before midnight though lol. just shook myhead laughing
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DISGUSTED CUSTOMER...
Lol did she really go down the depot at midnight>raikky wrote:I said shuts at 12pm. she said I made it just before midnight though lol. just shook myhead laughing