There's a full revision pending at our delivery office and it's quite possible I'll lose my duty (driver) and could end up with a duty nobody else wants, a cover duty or worse case back as a leave reserve.
Should this happen can I ask to be taken off the list as a driver?
I only agreed in the first place to get the duty.
May be nothing to worry about but would like to prepare just in case,
it was bad enough being a dogs body before hence why I always refused to drive, It'll be even worse if I had to be the driver too.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Driving question
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Driving question
If you don't want to drive, you don't have to drive - unless you've got a "postman with driving" contract.
However if that meant your office was now short of drivers, they may need to source drivers from another nearby office, which would mean non-drivers from your office going the other way.
In theory you might end up a dogsbody in an office you don't know.
However if that meant your office was now short of drivers, they may need to source drivers from another nearby office, which would mean non-drivers from your office going the other way.
In theory you might end up a dogsbody in an office you don't know.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving question
No, just a regular postman who took a duty who must drive, I wouldn't worry about being shipped out, would cause them more problems getting me to/from another d/o.clashcityrocker wrote:If you don't want to drive, you don't have to drive - unless you've got a "postman with driving" contract.
However if that meant your office was now short of drivers, they may need to source drivers from another nearby office, which would mean non-drivers from your office going the other way.
In theory you might end up a dogsbody in an office you don't know.
So if I were to lose my duty, a simple "I wish to be removed from the list of approved drivers" note would be ok?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Driving question
In a worst case scenario, I am suggesting you would be transferred to another office with a surplus of drivers.world class male wrote: I wouldn't worry about being shipped out, would cause them more problems getting me to/from another d/o.
There wouldn't be any getting you to/from the DO.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.