ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Free re-direction?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Offa
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 May 2014, 19:09
Gender: Male

Free re-direction?

Post by Offa »

Hi all, Herts postie here. I am moving house at the minute and have been told I will be eligible for free re-die's but the last issue of the courier didn't have the 'employer benefits' section that I could see, so does anyone know the code you have to enter for it and any other info such as ID card photocopy to be included with the application? I would ask my line manager but I have three weeks off (booked 2, then rest week) but he is useless anyway. Thanks.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by centenaryman »

I saw my own d.o.m a few years ago when I moved,,,,he set it all up for me,,,smooth as well (unusual).....
tasam
Posts: 202
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by tasam »

Manager can set it up for you on intranet.
It has to be done from managers login.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by gary1975 »

My manager sorted mine out :left: ,he managed to get my mail redirected from my new address back to my old one :Applause good job my house move was from my own office and I checked the redirection.
demon
Posts: 732
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
Gender: Female

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by demon »

manager done mine but do it now as it takes a few weeks to kick in had min for a month now
Boris111
Posts: 9
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by Boris111 »

My manager got mine sorted. It takes 5 working days to kick in. But you can tell your manager when you want it to start
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by Straight4ward »

's info.JPG
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
villan
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by villan »

Hi. Of those of you who've done the redirection via your manager, do you have to provide any proof of your old address?

The reason I ask is that I would like mail redirected from my parents' address but it's so long since I've lived there (more than a year) that I don't have any recent documents proving I live there now - which I don't, of course. Will my manager simply accept my word for it, do you think?
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Free re-direction?

Post by feduppostie »

the redirection has to go from the address they currently have on file for you ( where your wage slip goes) to your new address