ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

tnt post d2d

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

tnt post d2d

Post by monkeymutha »

Next week I've got 5 d2d all labelled as tnt post on the d2d sheet. What do they have to do with tnt? Do they make money out of them?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by arnold cheshire »

monkeymutha wrote:Next week I've got 5 d2d all labelled as tnt post on the d2d sheet. What do they have to do with tnt? Do they make money out of them?
they make money royal mail does the hard work yes
pants123

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by pants123 »

royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by wacko74 »

pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
I'm starting to think this myself,they're certainly doing nothing worthwhile to try and prevent the constant cherry picking that TNT are doing at will.
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by new2me »

i resent handling this junk even more now!
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by Hitcher »

You've probably been delivering them for some time, I know we have.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by bluealbert »

Now you've noticed this ? It's been going on for years :shock: :crazy:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bluealbert wrote:Now you've noticed this ? It's been going on for years :shock: :crazy:
I was delivering TNT 2Ds back when we got paid for them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rainbowwarrior72
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 431
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by rainbowwarrior72 »

pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
I think RMs end game is scrap the USO altogether but they can't do it until 2019. They'll use TNT and DSA as the excuse as they did for job cuts and the end of SDD back in 2002. Don't forget that back in 1997 when RM got its commercial freedom that privatisation was the big plan even then. I once did a google on the old Post.com and they were all civil servants on secondment and I thought that RM senior management were advising them all along.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by bluealbert »

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
I think RMs end game is scrap the USO altogether but they can't do it until 2019. They'll use TNT and DSA as the excuse as they did for job cuts and the end of SDD back in 2002. Don't forget that back in 1997 when RM got its commercial freedom that privatisation was the big plan even then. I once did a google on the old Post.com and they were all civil servants on secondment and I thought that RM senior management were advising them all along.
I think you will find that as 2021 before they can scrap the USO,but that will still have to go to parliament :thumbup
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by bluealbert »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bluealbert wrote:Now you've noticed this ? It's been going on for years :shock: :crazy:
I was delivering TNT 2Ds back when we got paid for them.
Yep spot on pal been going on for years :thumbup
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by Hitcher »

bluealbert wrote:
rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
I think RMs end game is scrap the USO altogether but they can't do it until 2019. They'll use TNT and DSA as the excuse as they did for job cuts and the end of SDD back in 2002. Don't forget that back in 1997 when RM got its commercial freedom that privatisation was the big plan even then. I once did a google on the old Post.com and they were all civil servants on secondment and I thought that RM senior management were advising them all along.
I think you will find that as 2021 before they can scrap the USO,but that will still have to go to parliament :thumbup
:no no
Royal Mail’s service obligations will be easily reduced with only the most cursory of Parliamentary intervention.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by Straight4ward »

pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Highly unlikely.
Unlike the DSA mail contracts that we have with TNT, the price for D2Ds is not fixed by the Regulator, so I hope we are screwing the Orange Bastards for all they’re worth.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
cyclemech1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 334
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
Gender: Male

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by cyclemech1 »

Straight4ward wrote:
pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Highly unlikely.
Unlike the DSA mail contracts that we have with TNT, the price for D2Ds is not fixed by the Regulator, so I hope we are screwing the Orange Bastards for all they’re worth.
You can bet your life that TNT aren't going to be making a loss on these contracts.

They charge their client say 2p a go, and then sub contract to RM for say 1.5p a go - job's a good 'un - luvvly jubbly! :chuckle
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: tnt post d2d

Post by Lounge Lizard »

cyclemech1 wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:
pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Highly unlikely.
Unlike the DSA mail contracts that we have with TNT, the price for D2Ds is not fixed by the Regulator, so I hope we are screwing the Orange Bastards for all they’re worth.
You can bet your life that TNT aren't going to be making a loss on these contracts.

They charge their client say 2p a go, and then sub contract to RM for say 1.5p a go - job's a good 'un - luvvly jubbly! :chuckle
I thought Royal Mail charged about 5p per Door To Door, and we used to be paid one-third of it . :Very Happy