ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
tnt post d2d
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
tnt post d2d
Next week I've got 5 d2d all labelled as tnt post on the d2d sheet. What do they have to do with tnt? Do they make money out of them?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: tnt post d2d
they make money royal mail does the hard work yesmonkeymutha wrote:Next week I've got 5 d2d all labelled as tnt post on the d2d sheet. What do they have to do with tnt? Do they make money out of them?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
I'm starting to think this myself,they're certainly doing nothing worthwhile to try and prevent the constant cherry picking that TNT are doing at will.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
i resent handling this junk even more now!
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
You've probably been delivering them for some time, I know we have.
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
Now you've noticed this ? It's been going on for years

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: tnt post d2d
I was delivering TNT 2Ds back when we got paid for them.bluealbert wrote:Now you've noticed this ? It's been going on for years![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
I think RMs end game is scrap the USO altogether but they can't do it until 2019. They'll use TNT and DSA as the excuse as they did for job cuts and the end of SDD back in 2002. Don't forget that back in 1997 when RM got its commercial freedom that privatisation was the big plan even then. I once did a google on the old Post.com and they were all civil servants on secondment and I thought that RM senior management were advising them all along.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
I think you will find that as 2021 before they can scrap the USO,but that will still have to go to parliamentrainbowwarrior72 wrote:I think RMs end game is scrap the USO altogether but they can't do it until 2019. They'll use TNT and DSA as the excuse as they did for job cuts and the end of SDD back in 2002. Don't forget that back in 1997 when RM got its commercial freedom that privatisation was the big plan even then. I once did a google on the old Post.com and they were all civil servants on secondment and I thought that RM senior management were advising them all along.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
Yep spot on pal been going on for yearsTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I was delivering TNT 2Ds back when we got paid for them.bluealbert wrote:Now you've noticed this ? It's been going on for years![]()
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
bluealbert wrote:I think you will find that as 2021 before they can scrap the USO,but that will still have to go to parliamentrainbowwarrior72 wrote:I think RMs end game is scrap the USO altogether but they can't do it until 2019. They'll use TNT and DSA as the excuse as they did for job cuts and the end of SDD back in 2002. Don't forget that back in 1997 when RM got its commercial freedom that privatisation was the big plan even then. I once did a google on the old Post.com and they were all civil servants on secondment and I thought that RM senior management were advising them all along.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Royal Mail’s service obligations will be easily reduced with only the most cursory of Parliamentary intervention.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
Highly unlikely.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Unlike the DSA mail contracts that we have with TNT, the price for D2Ds is not fixed by the Regulator, so I hope we are screwing the Orange Bastards for all they’re worth.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: tnt post d2d
You can bet your life that TNT aren't going to be making a loss on these contracts.Straight4ward wrote:Highly unlikely.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Unlike the DSA mail contracts that we have with TNT, the price for D2Ds is not fixed by the Regulator, so I hope we are screwing the Orange Bastards for all they’re worth.
They charge their client say 2p a go, and then sub contract to RM for say 1.5p a go - job's a good 'un - luvvly jubbly!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: tnt post d2d
I thought Royal Mail charged about 5p per Door To Door, and we used to be paid one-third of it .cyclemech1 wrote:You can bet your life that TNT aren't going to be making a loss on these contracts.Straight4ward wrote:Highly unlikely.pants123 wrote:royal mail are deliberately giving away revenue to TNT... FACT..
Unlike the DSA mail contracts that we have with TNT, the price for D2Ds is not fixed by the Regulator, so I hope we are screwing the Orange Bastards for all they’re worth.
They charge their client say 2p a go, and then sub contract to RM for say 1.5p a go - job's a good 'un - luvvly jubbly!