ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Didn't deliver a signed for item
-
lmc
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Didn't deliver a signed for item
Hey,
I am new to RM and have been in the job a couple of weeks,enjoying so far but tonight I realised I forgot to deliver a signed for letter!
I somehow missed it from my bundle and I was going to get it on the way back to office and it totally slipped my mind until now.
It was a letter they needed to sign for.
What can I expect from the DOM tomorrow?
Thanks
I am new to RM and have been in the job a couple of weeks,enjoying so far but tonight I realised I forgot to deliver a signed for letter!
I somehow missed it from my bundle and I was going to get it on the way back to office and it totally slipped my mind until now.
It was a letter they needed to sign for.
What can I expect from the DOM tomorrow?
Thanks
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
Where did you leave it, depends if they've seen it or not, you're new and it's your first mistake so you shouldn't be treated too harsh. They will probably tell you not to ring anything back to the office, just say ok I didn't know lol.
Was it just a recorded? If it is then you will be ok, if it was a special or a tracked then it's more serious but as you're new you'll be ok. No need to lay in bed worrying tonight.
Was it just a recorded? If it is then you will be ok, if it was a special or a tracked then it's more serious but as you're new you'll be ok. No need to lay in bed worrying tonight.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
If it was a recorded and you know were it is and that managers probably haven't even seen it then just sort it in the morning and keep your mouth shut, recordeds are not tracked, they won't be aware it's there unless thy see it
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
dont worry honestlmc wrote:Hey,
I am new to RM and have been in the job a couple of weeks,enjoying so far but tonight I realised I forgot to deliver a signed for letter!
I somehow missed it from my bundle and I was going to get it on the way back to office and it totally slipped my mind until now.
It was a letter they needed to sign for.
What can I expect from the DOM tomorrow?
Thanks
-
lmc
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
brilliant,cheers guys!
I was freaking out a bit there.
I am in tomorrow so will just sort it back into the frame in the morning and keep my fingers crossed I don't get pulled up for it!
I was freaking out a bit there.
I am in tomorrow so will just sort it back into the frame in the morning and keep my fingers crossed I don't get pulled up for it!
-
rozsy
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
no one will even notice unless its a special and even then when i started i forgot about a few specials as i put them in the front pouch i just delivered them the next day until i had a complaint oops
so dont forget any special, as for signed for i constantly have to put them back in the fitting next day due to a thicko park and loop partner who cant sort his frame i get constant missorts, i will deliver them if i pass that road again but u will learn in this job you don't go backwards 
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
It's a shame that in this company you can't just be honest and say you made a mistake, do that and the little line managers love to flex their muscles.
-
lmc
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
Totally agree Coxie.
On my first day I saw a guy tell the DOM he forgot about a tracked item and he got such a hard time for it,it is a sad state of affairs but it makes you think it is worth the gamble not owning up to things.
On my first day I saw a guy tell the DOM he forgot about a tracked item and he got such a hard time for it,it is a sad state of affairs but it makes you think it is worth the gamble not owning up to things.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
bit of advice mate , mark with a big star in blue crayon on the front letter of the house with the recorded , packet or special that way you wont forget you have something for them. This system works for melmc wrote:brilliant,cheers guys!
I was freaking out a bit there.
I am in tomorrow so will just sort it back into the frame in the morning and keep my fingers crossed I don't get pulled up for it!
-
lmc
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
That is a great tip,appreciate it :)
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
Or make sure you split your bundle so that the recorded is at the front.
And don't stress,its so etching we've all done,me personally I've went to my lino and said I might have missed a .....whatever ....but that's just me,have you lost a PDA yet?

And don't stress,its so etching we've all done,me personally I've went to my lino and said I might have missed a .....whatever ....but that's just me,have you lost a PDA yet?
I won
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
If I have a recorded letter, I turn it and the letter before around, then write on the corner e.g. 84R to remind me that there is a recorded letter, then seeing the back to front recorded means I have to turn it around to check address before posting, which reminds me it's a recorded!
Similarly if I have a packet, I turn the first letter for the address around, and write on the top corner 33x2 to show that I have 2 packets for 33, or if it is a tracked item, 33T. And if there are no letters for an address, stick a p739 card in for that address, and mark on the card, packet, tracked, signed for etc as appropriate.
Similarly if I have a packet, I turn the first letter for the address around, and write on the top corner 33x2 to show that I have 2 packets for 33, or if it is a tracked item, 33T. And if there are no letters for an address, stick a p739 card in for that address, and mark on the card, packet, tracked, signed for etc as appropriate.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
^ Isn't that basic 101 training?
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
Yes, but sadly that is now discontinued.Hitcher wrote:^ Isn't that basic 101 training?
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Didn't deliver a signed for item
Although the customer may know it's coming , it's not guaranteed to get there next day, it just comes with the ordinary 1st or 2nd class mail, that's why so many go missing, especially the ones I send.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??