ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Another sick thread

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Another sick thread

Post by Sidley »

It's my first day off sick, I managed to work yesterday but by the time I got home it was obvious I wasn't at all well.
So after a really rough night I phoned in early to advise I couldn't make it in to work today. I was told that as it's a bank holiday weekend I should attend a meeting tomorrow. If I'm not well enough to make it in to the meeting what happens next?

Also I don't want to incur 5 days off sick as after Saturdays shift I'm not due to attend again until Tuesday. Can I inform them later on Saturday that I'm now fit to attend even after saying I'm not well enough earlier that day?

Cheers.
S.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Another sick thread

Post by arnold cheshire »

Sidley wrote:It's my first day off sick, I managed to work yesterday but by the time I got home it was obvious I wasn't at all well.
So after a really rough night I phoned in early to advise I couldn't make it in to work today. I was told that as it's a bank holiday weekend I should attend a meeting tomorrow. If I'm not well enough to make it in to the meeting what happens next?

Also I don't want to incur 5 days off sick as after Saturdays shift I'm not due to attend again until Tuesday. Can I inform them later on Saturday that I'm now fit to attend even after saying I'm not well enough earlier that day?

Cheers.
S.
get the rep on the case nothing but harassment
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Another sick thread

Post by arnold cheshire »

Sidley wrote:It's my first day off sick, I managed to work yesterday but by the time I got home it was obvious I wasn't at all well.
So after a really rough night I phoned in early to advise I couldn't make it in to work today. I was told that as it's a bank holiday weekend I should attend a meeting tomorrow. If I'm not well enough to make it in to the meeting what happens next?

Also I don't want to incur 5 days off sick as after Saturdays shift I'm not due to attend again until Tuesday. Can I inform them later on Saturday that I'm now fit to attend even after saying I'm not well enough earlier that day?

Cheers.
S.
you shouldnt have to ring in every day thats far from reasonable contact its excessive contact you are quite within your right to phone in sat to say your resuming work at the next shift and they shouldnt count sunday and monday or maybe you should make sure you are better before returning and take as long as necessary off you are allowed up to 7 days without a doctors note
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Another sick thread

Post by arnold cheshire »

can someone advise havent they changed the sick procedure where you are no longer supposed to be invited to these meetings early on in an absence ?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Another sick thread

Post by daveyeff »

just phone in tomorrow or even now and tell them you are in bed with flu or whatever and you wont be well enough to attend tomorrow. but you think you will be ok by the time Tuesday comes around....and if you aren't well enough by Tuesday you will ring and let them know,,,,,end of.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Another sick thread

Post by Sidley »

Cheers chaps.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Another sick thread

Post by k979aaa »

Sidley wrote:It's my first day off sick, I managed to work yesterday but by the time I got home it was obvious I wasn't at all well.
So after a really rough night I phoned in early to advise I couldn't make it in to work today. I was told that as it's a bank holiday weekend I should attend a meeting tomorrow. If I'm not well enough to make it in to the meeting what happens next?

Also I don't want to incur 5 days off sick as after Saturdays shift I'm not due to attend again until Tuesday. Can I inform them later on Saturday that I'm now fit to attend even after saying I'm not well enough earlier that day?

Cheers.
S.
Yes as soon as you let them know you will be taken off the sick/absence on the PSP system but keep a note of this as some managers like to embellish your record!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Another sick thread

Post by arnold cheshire »

k979aaa wrote:
Sidley wrote:It's my first day off sick, I managed to work yesterday but by the time I got home it was obvious I wasn't at all well.
So after a really rough night I phoned in early to advise I couldn't make it in to work today. I was told that as it's a bank holiday weekend I should attend a meeting tomorrow. If I'm not well enough to make it in to the meeting what happens next?

Also I don't want to incur 5 days off sick as after Saturdays shift I'm not due to attend again until Tuesday. Can I inform them later on Saturday that I'm now fit to attend even after saying I'm not well enough earlier that day?

Cheers.
S.
Yes as soon as you let them know you will be taken off the sick/absence on the PSP system but keep a note of this as some managers like to embellish your record!
if you ring in sat saying you will return to work on the next shift your ok dont sign for anything more than 2 days at the return to work
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Another sick thread

Post by Sidley »

Told the Lino on the phone this morning as the Dom wasn't about.
Thanks for the advice folks.