ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sick?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
AJ1987
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
Gender: Male

sick?

Post by AJ1987 »

Since finishing work this afternoon I've been feeling rough. Don't think I'll be able.to manage work in the morning so was just wondering what the procedure is really having never had time off sick before. No doubt my manager will think I'm pulling a fast one as I'm due to finish Saturday but I'm not really concerned by that to be honest. Will I be entitled to sick pay? Im on a three month rolling contract
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: sick?

Post by pinstripe »

It depends if you have been employed for 12 months or not.

If you have, it doesn't really matter if your DOM 'thinks' you're pulling a fast one as you will be entitled to sick pay. It's irrelevant if you finish Saturday or not.

IIRC, we are not paid a week in arrears, so you will already have been paid for this week.
AJ1987
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: sick?

Post by AJ1987 »

Yeh been there over 12 months. I have been paid for this week but just don't want to have a docket minus however much next week if I'm not entitled to anything. If that was the case I'd take some bog roll with me tomorrow and a sick bag and crawl round my walk lol.

Cheers for the reply
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: sick?

Post by Glenno »

If you are sick, then you go sick, simples, dosn't matter what contract you have, that's a different discussion, what you should be asking is "what is the sick procedure"?......All you do mate is phone the office at the earliest convieniencce to say that you are going sick.....sick pay is normally paid if you have 2 yrs service,?, if not SSP, hope this helps... :wave :wave
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: sick?

Post by coxie »

Sick pay is paid after 12 months so you're ok there. If you're sick phone the office and tell them you're not well so won't be in, if it lasts a few days then expect a bit of oressure to return such as being invited in for a meeting etc, plus a special delivery letter but just ignore and decline until you're fit to return.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: sick?

Post by Glenno »

coxie wrote:Sick pay is paid after 12 months so you're ok there.
thought there was summit flying recently like about terms & conditions being extended to 2 yrs... :hmmmm :hmmmm
AJ1987
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: sick?

Post by AJ1987 »

Well looks like I've worked my last RM shift. Text last night and then rung in this morning to advise that I wouldn't be in today. Haven't heard anything since so I guess they just assume I won't be in tomorrow (my last day)