ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Taking overtime from payslip

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Chelseablue »

Lot of the guys have noticed last few month that overtime has been cut on there payslips every week near. Can they do this and is there an agreement as such? Is this swings n roundabollox thing?
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Last week I begrudgingly claimed an hour but got paid 0.19 hours ! what's that in old money? - £3.66 to me, i'm keeping a very close eye on it as something smells fishy.
I think they probably count every minute I work over the week and pay anything over but surely we are entitled to sign out 10 minutes early IF we finish that much early on one day , and be paid for that full day, not knock that 10 mins off at the end of the week but going over on a busy day by a full hour I expect a full hour pay. Is that right? :hmmmm
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by ratchet »

I've had a couple of small overtime claims not paid recently (30 minutes + 20 minutes).

It's not enough to get my knickers in a twist by making a formal complaint............. but the next time I'm asked to do overtime (or work on my days off in the run up to Christmas) I shall simply refer them to my first sentence.
I am no longer a number :-)
R@YAL F@IL
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by R@YAL F@IL »

If everybody stopped doing o/t for 1 week only the place would grind to a halt. They would honour all o/t then.
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Jpro747 »

5plusbonusball wrote:Last week I begrudgingly claimed an hour but got paid 0.19 hours ! what's that in old money? - £3.66 to me, i'm keeping a very close eye on it as something smells fishy.
I think they probably count every minute I work over the week and pay anything over but surely we are entitled to sign out 10 minutes early IF we finish that much early on one day , and be paid for that full day, not knock that 10 mins off at the end of the week but going over on a busy day by a full hour I expect a full hour pay. Is that right? :hmmmm
They arent allowed to do that, theres an agreement on it somewhere. It's called banking hours, but a lot of managers still do it and get away with it.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by coxie »

Yep thy can ask you for flexibility but it's only a request of 30mins and then thy owe you 30mins payback. They can't bank hours because you finish a little bit early one day, if they want you to work your time they should find you more work.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Chelseablue »

So they are taking overtime out you're payslip,,what can we do?. Can't believe this company has stooped to this .
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by OnAFlyer »

They don't take any out of mine, cos I don't do any. Some in my office haven't been paid it properly for a few weeks though, I've asked them why they keep doing it. If they refused to work a minute over until it was paid it would soon be sorted out. It's not malicious, more a case of it being missed with managers being on holiday, all the election payments to sort etc. still not acceptable though!
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by spiderj »

3.5 hours short
Keep a copy on my phone
Showed my lino and its all on this mornings dockett

No pay no workie
:nana
I won
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by loverman shabba »

blatant theft in my eyes. if i go into the managers office an just bang 30 minutes or an hours overtime down with no explanation what would happen?

i was missing an hour this week
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I believe most Managers think Posties don't keep a track of their Overtime. They'll try it on and shave a few hours off and if you don't chase it then they're quids in. Times that throughout the office and the hours not paid will soon add up. :no no

I've spoken to a few others about it , and believe it or not some Posties don't record their overtime and don't bother chasing it! :crazy: No wonder Managers try it on. :arrrghhh
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 23 May 2014, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Chelseablue »

So what's the answer what can we do ?
kjm
Posts: 53
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:10
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by kjm »

Speak to the line manager responsible and enquire whether it is a genuine mistake. Not beyond the realms of possibility....lino's are only human too. Give him the chance to rectify the matter. If you get no joy... next time he walks past, shout " hey, where's my money ". He'll ignore you. Next time he walks past, shout even louder " hey tosser, where's my f***ing money " He will try to ignore you. Then every time you see him , you shout at the top of your voice... makin sure everyone is in no doubt... " hey, you thievin f***ing toe-rag, where's my f***ing money". He will eventually stop ignoring you. I would be a pain in his arse for ever and a day until i am payed what i am due. Don't want a penny more than i'm entitled too.... but woe betide if i get a penny less.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Chelseablue »

Been informed by rep that they are entitled to take any any amount of overtime off you're pay . So if say I think I'm gonna be 40 mins over my time that day ,,the solution is to cut off ,as the o time won't be paid ,. Union,,get an overtime ban in place then well see
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Taking overtime from payslip

Post by Sidley »

That doesn't sound right, aren't they supposed to inform you that they're going to mess with your wages prior to committing theft?