ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
cycle to work
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
cycle to work
have had 2 bikes through this scheme and it works for me.is it still running from Halfords? login /user name ?
-
tommytucka
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
You do it through myroyalmail.com now and it's under benefits
-
human1
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
In the Royal Mail view bicycle is dangerous and illegal and thats why that got rid off bikes from delivery offices.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: cycle to work
bicycle is illegal ?human1 wrote:In the Royal Mail view bicycle is dangerous and illegal and thats why that got rid off bikes from delivery offices.
-
human1
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
In our DO , we have been told that its against the law to ride Royal Mail bicycle

-
mr deeds
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
- Gender: Female
Re: cycle to work
dont think that was his question????????????
-
cobberwebb
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
What are you going on about? He's asking about the Cycle2Work scheme. Yes it is still going as somebody already said.bringon4dayweeks wrote:bicycle is illegal ?human1 wrote:In the Royal Mail view bicycle is dangerous and illegal and thats why that got rid off bikes from delivery offices.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
I'd like some of whatever you are on. There are still cycle duties within RM so hardly illegal.human1 wrote:In our DO , we have been told that its against the law to ride Royal Mail bicycle![]()
![]()
You no longer have to get your bike through Halfords and the amount has gone up to £1000.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
robbertwhitton wrote:have had 2 bikes through this scheme and it works for me.is it still running from Halfords? login /user name ?
For the love of god dont use halfords, they supply good bikes i.e boardman but the build quality and customer service is crap, use the other cycle scheme and get a bike from evans cycles.
-
Northlander
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work
For the love of god dont use halfords, they supply good bikes i.e boardman but the build quality and customer service is crap, use the other cycle scheme and get a bike from evans cycles.[/quote]
I have to agree, I used to be a full time cycle mechanic, I bought two bikes for my lads last Christmas from Halfords and they were in a terrible state when I picked them up, the brakes weren't aligned properly, loose nuts etc to be honest they were both dangerous to ride. I spent an hour at home rechecking and sorting everything so be wary if buying from Halfords.
I have to agree, I used to be a full time cycle mechanic, I bought two bikes for my lads last Christmas from Halfords and they were in a terrible state when I picked them up, the brakes weren't aligned properly, loose nuts etc to be honest they were both dangerous to ride. I spent an hour at home rechecking and sorting everything so be wary if buying from Halfords.