ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
threat of violence
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
threat of violence
If one employee threatens another with " I,m gonna f****** knock you out you c*** " , all done in front of a manager, then what action should be taken if any?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: threat of violence
Push the manager in front of the angry employee, retreat and hope he knocks him out instead.frankieboy wrote:If one employee threatens another with " I,m gonna f****** knock you out you c*** " , all done in front of a manager, then what action should be taken if any?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: threat of violence
Of course it depends on the context but if its a serious threat then the manager should at the very least take the offender into the office and explain the error of their ways, even if it was meant as an inappropriate joke the manager should have tackled them about it.
However that's a minimum, in the worst cases the Police can be called in to investigate. Suspension of the offender is possible if managers think that colleagues may be at risk.
However, there is no hard and fast rule as each case is different and each manager is different, but they at least need to make sure that the action they took (or didn't) was at least reasonable in the circumstances.
For professional advice if you were the target of the abuse I would suggest contact the B&H helpline on 0800 587 4777 and perhaps the CWU if you think a grievance for non action/incorrect action.
However that's a minimum, in the worst cases the Police can be called in to investigate. Suspension of the offender is possible if managers think that colleagues may be at risk.
However, there is no hard and fast rule as each case is different and each manager is different, but they at least need to make sure that the action they took (or didn't) was at least reasonable in the circumstances.
For professional advice if you were the target of the abuse I would suggest contact the B&H helpline on 0800 587 4777 and perhaps the CWU if you think a grievance for non action/incorrect action.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: threat of violence
I got a two year serious warning put on my record for almost the same thing 5 years ago but that was because I was provoked into what I said.
I just offered to go outside with him and then laughed as he went out the door and went back to my frame
I just offered to go outside with him and then laughed as he went out the door and went back to my frame
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: threat of violence
Depends. If someone said something insulting to me. The least that'll happen is I threaten to break his f***ing legs with a bat when he's walking home from the pub.