Hi, just wondered is there anyone out there that has had a career break that I could PM for a bit of info. No need to post the link to Career Breaks I am aware of that,
thanks in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
'Libraries gave us power'
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
Cant give you info but a good friend of mine did. Went off in a boat and sailed around half the world. Fantastic pictures in Iceland waters. He was totally depressed coming back though. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
Wow that sounds amazing......
My CB starts in September gonna do some traveling and some vol work abroad as well as in this country. I just wanted to know has anyone worked in paid employment in the UK while on a career break ( I know you are not supposed to)? Is there anyway payroll would find out?
thanks for response Kruss
My CB starts in September gonna do some traveling and some vol work abroad as well as in this country. I just wanted to know has anyone worked in paid employment in the UK while on a career break ( I know you are not supposed to)? Is there anyway payroll would find out?
thanks for response Kruss
'Libraries gave us power'
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
I'm sure RM could find out quite easily if you've worked while on a career break, through income tax records etc (unless you're working cash in hand obv)
Quite how thoroughly they police the 'no work' rule though I wouldn't know.
Quite how thoroughly they police the 'no work' rule though I wouldn't know.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
I would like a career break until the shares are in my possession.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Have you had a career break/sabbatical?
Thanks for replies
Couple of questions
1. Does your union membership just stay dormant over the period you are away for and you resume payments when you restart work?
2.Does the share qualifying period remain the same 3 year period or is that extended? ( would imagine it stays the same)
Couple of questions
1. Does your union membership just stay dormant over the period you are away for and you resume payments when you restart work?
2.Does the share qualifying period remain the same 3 year period or is that extended? ( would imagine it stays the same)
'Libraries gave us power'