ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"I fit most letterboxes"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gccLA5
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 11:26
Gender: Male

"I fit most letterboxes"

Post by gccLA5 »

Anyone further up RM's food chain told BT yet that the "I fit most letterboxes" home-hub packaging doesn't actually fit? Out of 15 I've had to deliver over the last week, NONE went through a letterbox!
Last edited by gccLA5 on 28 May 2014, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Don't know about them but the most annoying packet is a mobile adaptor with a mains plug on!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by krussel »

Also long contact lens boxes which in truth do fit but are still awkward.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by datasaint »

5plusbonusball wrote:Don't know about them but the most annoying packet is a mobile adaptor with a mains plug on!
lol yep. Looks like it'll fit only to be stopped by the metal prongs when 90% of it is through the letterbox.
macetheace
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by macetheace »

stand on the feckers before putting them in letterbox .......... :dance
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by NewPostieUK »

It's the people receiving them that need to be told. They need to fit proper letterboxes. If they did then the bloody things would fit fine.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by Jpro747 »

Gotta love the really long ones that go through, like wiper blades, posters, etc.. when you hear a something smash on the floor because you've just knocked their vase off the table :whistle :Very Happy
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by wabbithunta »

Companies that make double glazed doors need to check out the average sized packages and make a letter box that can take packages like contact lens boxes and home hub packages etc. They also need to make them without those guillotine edges that some have on the flaps that can slice your fingers to pieces and also make them so your whole hand doesn't have to be in it to push mail and packets all the way through.. the bastards! :arrrghhh
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by Lounge Lizard »

It should be "I NEARLY fit most letterboxes" :crazy:
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by RedBagMan »

Used to have a Nokia phone charger where the earth plug slotted down into the rest of the plug - why cant all 3-pin plugs be the same ???

And as for those home hubs - I 739 'em and scribble "Oh NO you don't" on them as well :wink:
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Reminds me of those new eco bulbs where everyone got freebies, what a pain in the - arsenal won?
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by 2pints »

Not a problem really,it states on the bt hub box to leave "out of sight and undercover" so i never bring one back to the office!
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by jaylime »

And these new letterboxes in PVC doors are like bastard razor blades.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by dave72 »

jaylime wrote:And these new letterboxes in PVC doors are like bastard razor blades.
Held on with poxy little plastic bars. The sound of them breaking as I get their BT homehub stuck in the letterbox is music to my ears
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: "I fit most letterboxes"

Post by wabbithunta »

dave72 wrote:
jaylime wrote:And these new letterboxes in PVC doors are like bastard razor blades.
Held on with poxy little plastic bars. The sound of them breaking as I get their BT homehub stuck in the letterbox is music to my ears
Especially after they've attempted to fix them back on with superglue.. like that's really gonna fix it. :left:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"