ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"I fit most letterboxes"
-
gccLA5
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 28 Aug 2013, 11:26
- Gender: Male
"I fit most letterboxes"
Anyone further up RM's food chain told BT yet that the "I fit most letterboxes" home-hub packaging doesn't actually fit? Out of 15 I've had to deliver over the last week, NONE went through a letterbox!
Last edited by gccLA5 on 28 May 2014, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Don't know about them but the most annoying packet is a mobile adaptor with a mains plug on!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Also long contact lens boxes which in truth do fit but are still awkward.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
lol yep. Looks like it'll fit only to be stopped by the metal prongs when 90% of it is through the letterbox.5plusbonusball wrote:Don't know about them but the most annoying packet is a mobile adaptor with a mains plug on!
-
macetheace
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
stand on the feckers before putting them in letterbox .......... 
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
It's the people receiving them that need to be told. They need to fit proper letterboxes. If they did then the bloody things would fit fine.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Gotta love the really long ones that go through, like wiper blades, posters, etc.. when you hear a something smash on the floor because you've just knocked their vase off the table

-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Companies that make double glazed doors need to check out the average sized packages and make a letter box that can take packages like contact lens boxes and home hub packages etc. They also need to make them without those guillotine edges that some have on the flaps that can slice your fingers to pieces and also make them so your whole hand doesn't have to be in it to push mail and packets all the way through.. the bastards! 
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
It should be "I NEARLY fit most letterboxes" 
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Used to have a Nokia phone charger where the earth plug slotted down into the rest of the plug - why cant all 3-pin plugs be the same ???
And as for those home hubs - I 739 'em and scribble "Oh NO you don't" on them as well
And as for those home hubs - I 739 'em and scribble "Oh NO you don't" on them as well
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Reminds me of those new eco bulbs where everyone got freebies, what a pain in the - arsenal won?
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Not a problem really,it states on the bt hub box to leave "out of sight and undercover" so i never bring one back to the office!
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
And these new letterboxes in PVC doors are like bastard razor blades.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Held on with poxy little plastic bars. The sound of them breaking as I get their BT homehub stuck in the letterbox is music to my earsjaylime wrote:And these new letterboxes in PVC doors are like bastard razor blades.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: "I fit most letterboxes"
Especially after they've attempted to fix them back on with superglue.. like that's really gonna fix it.dave72 wrote:Held on with poxy little plastic bars. The sound of them breaking as I get their BT homehub stuck in the letterbox is music to my earsjaylime wrote:And these new letterboxes in PVC doors are like bastard razor blades.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"