ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU -who are they ?
-
Puppetmaster
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 19:56
- Gender: Male
CWU -who are they ?
Now we have Bob Gibson on RM TV telling us to do absorption, who are the CWU? are they yet another layer of Management in a already over managed organisation?
Is their any Trade union in RM that represents the average Postie who does delivery ?,if so can you advise who they are ?
Certainly the CWU do not represent the views of the average Postie out on Delivery and that is a well known fact ,but even more so now !
Is their any Trade union in RM that represents the average Postie who does delivery ?,if so can you advise who they are ?
Certainly the CWU do not represent the views of the average Postie out on Delivery and that is a well known fact ,but even more so now !
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: CWU -who are they ?
The CWU had no choice back in 2010 to agree to working all paid hours to protect as many full time jobs as possible.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
I do my job properly so I know I won't have to absorb and most people who do the same won't have time to absorb either.
-
jack
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32
Re: CWU -who are they ?
Nothing wrong with working all paid hours, it's when twat DOMs try and force people to take absorption beyond their contracted hours.... which is enforced overtime in my opinion which is wrong, and people still do it in our office.krussel wrote:The CWU had no choice back in 2010 to agree to working all paid hours to protect as many full time jobs as possible.
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: CWU -who are they ?
Every day there's some announcement to pi ss us off. Don't look forward to going into work at all nowadays ,it's all profit driven ,with no thought for staff or customers,just f kin greed .
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: CWU -who are they ?
AgreeChelseablue wrote:Every day there's some announcement to pi ss us off. Don't look forward to going into work at all nowadays ,it's all profit driven ,with no thought for staff or customers,just f kin greed .
Welcome to todays job market. What a terrible situation.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
There is nothing wrong with working your paid hours but the problem is that management and more worryingly the cwu don't have any real idea what it's really like for the postie on the street. If I'm paid for 8 hours I will work 8 hours, I don't expect to be given 9 hours worth of work. I know you only have to work your contracted hours but this is when the bullying and harrasment start.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: CWU -who are they ?
This is nonsense and I'm sick of reading it.coxie wrote:I do my job properly so I know I won't have to absorb and most people who do the same won't have time to absorb either.
Without knowing the make up of the office (p/t to f/t) the agreed model week and the daily traffic you have no idea if people who do the job properly will have time to absorb or not.
It might be true for your office but it won't be true for every office.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
coxie wrote:I do my job properly so I know I won't have to absorb and most people who do the same won't have time to absorb either.
-
parforthewalk
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 10 Feb 2013, 17:23
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
Sadly..Welcome to the world of privatization.Chelseablue wrote:Every day there's some announcement to pi ss us off. Don't look forward to going into work at all nowadays ,it's all profit driven ,with no thought for staff or customers,just f kin greed .
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
1) Ask your colleagues who are long term sick and receiving 6 months fully paid wages and the following 6 months on 1/2 wages.
2) Ask your colleagues who have received a wage rise over the current inflation rate.
3) Ask your colleagues who are still in employment with CWU involvement at conduct meetings and 3rd stage attendance reviews.
4) Ask your colleagues who have received compensation payments for injury at work
5) Ask your colleagues who have received IHR packages.
CWU THATS WHO WE ARE.
2) Ask your colleagues who have received a wage rise over the current inflation rate.
3) Ask your colleagues who are still in employment with CWU involvement at conduct meetings and 3rd stage attendance reviews.
4) Ask your colleagues who have received compensation payments for injury at work
5) Ask your colleagues who have received IHR packages.
CWU THATS WHO WE ARE.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: CWU -who are they ?
this is so trueblisterfeet wrote:There is nothing wrong with working your paid hours but the problem is that management and more worryingly the cwu don't have any real idea what it's really like for the postie on the street. If I'm paid for 8 hours I will work 8 hours, I don't expect to be given 9 hours worth of work. I know you only have to work your contracted hours but this is when the bullying and harrasment start.
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
I agree 200 % with the above. Without the CWU we would all be in big trouble. Got bit by a dog it was a very bad injury, could have had 12 months off work on full pay. Came back after 5 months. During that time I received full pay plus 13 weeks average earnings. CWU supported me all the way even with legal help. TNT have taken a lot of our work, we need to be competitive to protect our terms and conditions and full time jobs. The business would love to have all part time 3 month contracts so in the summer period they would be able to release people and then re-employ them when the work load picks up. We got a great pay rise plus extra for delivering election material and don't forget we already receive a delivery supplement , I would have thought the delivery supplement would have covered the Election material. The CWU have got a very difficult job trying to protect our terms and conditions and full time jobs when we are earning at least 30 % more then our competitors plus we have a fantastic pension scheme that needs paying for. If we never had the CWU fighting for us just imagine what Royal Mail would do! So to answer your question we do need the CWU and I'm proud to be a member.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: CWU -who are they ?
rehabron wrote:1) Ask your colleagues who are long term sick and receiving 6 months fully paid wages and the following 6 months on 1/2 wages.
2) Ask your colleagues who have received a wage rise over the current inflation rate.
3) Ask your colleagues who are still in employment with CWU involvement at conduct meetings and 3rd stage attendance reviews.
4) Ask your colleagues who have received compensation payments for injury at work
5) Ask your colleagues who have received IHR packages.
CWU THATS WHO WE ARE.
+1
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU -who are they ?
Just a shame the part-timers are screwed over to protect the full-time jobs.