ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The new trainers...
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
The new trainers...
I hate to be a moaner, But im not getting on with the new trainers, Ive got the anvil ones, they are fine on my foot, but around 2/3rds through a walk, the balls of my feet really hurt, and by the time im home my feet are bruised on the soles. I occasionally still wear my cat trainers to give my feet a break.
Does anyone know if we still supply the cat trainers? I had no issues with them, its a pain they changed them.
Does anyone know if we still supply the cat trainers? I had no issues with them, its a pain they changed them.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
Cat trainers were still on the website but I've heard of people ordering them and getting sent anvil instead so I don't know if that means out of stock of phasing them out. I don't like the anvil either I get blisters.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
According to my manager yes, ordering me some new ones today, much better, more comfortable, I had a new pair and could hardly walk and was bleeding after 2 days.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
The new ones sound dreadful, lad in our office has got some and he says they've got no cushioning at all, you can feel every little stone that you step on through the sole
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
Try the other new ones, the YDS ones, they're miles better than the CAT rubbish in every single way.
Our office trialed them January '13 and I was still wearing the same pair in April this year as I couldn't bear going back to the cats.
Our office trialed them January '13 and I was still wearing the same pair in April this year as I couldn't bear going back to the cats.
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and they're finally cutting me some slack
Was a nightmare wearing them in. Blisters bruises and sore feet.
I did notice when it was wet i lost my footing on a couple of occasions. I just hope this isn't a reoccurring thing.
Was a nightmare wearing them in. Blisters bruises and sore feet.
I did notice when it was wet i lost my footing on a couple of occasions. I just hope this isn't a reoccurring thing.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
I had anvil in the trial and found that after an hour or so my feet felt dead,,,pins and needles in them,,,,i`d stand at doors waiting for an answer wriggling me toes to get some life in them
I did put this in the questionnaire at the end of the trial,,,,and I know of a few others who had the same problem,,,but they seem to have stocked them anyway.....but then again what doesn't suit me....possibly is good for others
I did put this in the questionnaire at the end of the trial,,,,and I know of a few others who had the same problem,,,but they seem to have stocked them anyway.....but then again what doesn't suit me....possibly is good for others
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
Fantastic....just as shite in the wet as Cats. You couldn't make it up could youweary_posty wrote:
I did notice when it was wet i lost my footing on a couple of occasions. I just hope this isn't a reoccurring thing.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: The new trainers...
I have had the anvils for almost a week.
blisters on both heels, both balls of the feet and on both little toes.
I must have looked a real sight on saturday staggering down the road, I have gone back to the Cat boots, heavy and they are making my feet sweat, but at least they are comfortable.
what are the YDS one's like as I might ask for a pair of them.
blisters on both heels, both balls of the feet and on both little toes.
I must have looked a real sight on saturday staggering down the road, I have gone back to the Cat boots, heavy and they are making my feet sweat, but at least they are comfortable.
what are the YDS one's like as I might ask for a pair of them.
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: The new trainers...
Ive ordered some of the other brand now, hopefully they are better. the old cat ones i am wearing are like socks they are so worn!
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
I found the YDS trainers to be good overall, better than CATs, and the thin-soled Anvils.doorstepped wrote:what are the YDS one's like as I might ask for a pair of them.
They're shower-resistant, of reasonable weight, offering some minor mid-sole support and the crappy YDS insole supplied can be easily removed and replaced/doubled.
The outsole seems to hit the right balance for Royal Mail - long lasting yet enough grip on most surfaces.
The only 'oddity' I found was with the deep tread pattern which has potential for injury.
I could catch the edge of steps descending staircases in apartment blocks and on occasion a van's control pedals would interlock with the shoes' grooves.
That said, once you're aware you make adjustments and learn to like them.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
VforVendetta
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Oct 2013, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
Yep I ordered new YDS trainers after a year with the trial pair. In all the rain last year I only got wet feet once and then only because the water cascaded down my trousers into them! Never slipped once and they are comfortable although some might say not as comfy as the cats but then they were dangerous, non-waterproof and wore out after 5 minutes. The man from uniform said they are running the cat stock down so if they have run out you will get yds or anvils.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: The new trainers...
I had some pain in the sole of my feet just behind my toes from my new YDS trainers but since packing out the affected area with a pair of gel pads from Wilkos they have been fine.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
scooby
- Posts: 287
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost some where.....
Re: The new trainers...
i have the yds not keen on them feet are very sore and painful the insole is very thin cheap looking if you ask me. on a hot day they just sweat ya feet to
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: The new trainers...
Not at all mate. With Goretex lined shoes you need to wear synthetic fibre socks so the moisture can escape. Cotton is too absorbing.scooby wrote:i have the yds not keen on them feet are very sore and painful the insole is very thin cheap looking if you ask me. on a hot day they just sweat ya feet to
I wear these http://www.511tactical.com/recon-ankle-sock.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and my feet are dry after a duty.
I think the shoe is really good otherwise, took next to no time to walk-in and it's fairly light but robust.