ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hoildays.
-
Jordanpark92
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 18 Feb 2014, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Hoildays.
Hello, I Have been working for Royal mail for around 7 months now. I've Had 3 days off that I Let RM know about when I got my induction. Im just wondering that surely I'm due more holidays? I asked my manager about them and the answer I got back was " The holiday allowance is totally full this year, there is people who have been here 30 years who can't get the holidays you wan't " so basically I've got no chance of getting any holidays by the looks of it! in April there was Holiday forms in the pigeon holes for everyone besides me? Not sure is this is to do with my contract? Was on a 6 month contact & just been taken out for another 6 months a couple of months ago, any help would be great, thanks.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Hoildays.
You are entitled to holiday - in fact your manager is refusing you a statutory right. Join/Speak to the rep asap they cannot refuse you holiday its a legal right.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Hoildays.
I've only been working for 4 and a bit weeks, and today the DOM handed me my holiday sheet, giving me 3 weeks off in a row in September... While the long break is nice, I'd rather have had the to spread my leave through the year a bit more. But beggers can't be choosers though.....
For the OP, join / speak to union rep?
For the OP, join / speak to union rep?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Hoildays.
I think he means the DIM is not refusing his holiday, but at the peak summer weeks he desires (he's missed out on filling the holiday form this year and is now trying to get a summer one) ...welcome to the club. I got May, October, January and February leave on my 2014/15 form.....TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You are entitled to holiday - in fact your manager is refusing you a statutory right. Join/Speak to the rep asap they cannot refuse you holiday its a legal right.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Hoildays.
Holiday you squire is not a privilege given to us by Royal Mail it is our right by law. Your manager can refuse certain dates but he must allow you to take your holiday entitlements over the course of the year. If not he is breaking the law.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Hoildays.
Enquire with the duty book room what your holiday entitlement is and at same time ask for an annual leave sheet and what dates are available to you. They will know if the holiday dates that you requested have been over subscribed and give you alternative dates giving sufficient time for DOM to make adjustments for operational needs. Only the allocation of ad-hoc days is controlled directly by DOM and requires 14 days notice and this leave would be at his/her discretion.
-
Vespacol
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Kettering
Re: Hoildays.
Iam in my 4th week at RM a month before i started during my interview i was asked if i had any holidays booked ? And i said i have told them what week and he wrote it down and said RM will honour it , but ive mentioned it to my managers and not heard anything back at all ?
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Hoildays.
can't you argue the toss here?bustedflush wrote:welcome to the club. I got May, October, January and February leave on my 2014/15 form.....TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You are entitled to holiday - in fact your manager is refusing you a statutory right. Join/Speak to the rep asap they cannot refuse you holiday its a legal right.
ours must be 2 weeks between Apr-sept and 2 weeks between Oct-mar
any extra fitted in where possible after rest of office had their pick.
just to say for arguments sake you had 1st wk in may and last wk in Oct that's a bloody long time without a break!