ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
High vest
-
vanman90
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: High vest
Uniform Hotline, but your manager may be able to provide you with one.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: High vest
As the most essential health and safety item of clothing some should be held on site.
- but make sure they don't give you one with 'MANAGER' across the back.
- but make sure they don't give you one with 'MANAGER' across the back.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: High vest
as per other replies,they should have a stock on site,but don't hold your breath.thats if of course you need /have to wear them,several opinions on that issue as per normal.have to say I do wear mine on my rural van dely,just in case I should be mowed down,was I wearing my hi viz blah blah etc etc
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: High vest
the Hi-Viz vest in not part of the official uniform.
the only time you are required to wear one is when you are in the yard where vans are around ie: loading / unloading, vehicle checks etc.
wearing a plastic bag in 20+ degree heat is just plain madness and an easy way to dehydrate.
the only time you are required to wear one is when you are in the yard where vans are around ie: loading / unloading, vehicle checks etc.
wearing a plastic bag in 20+ degree heat is just plain madness and an easy way to dehydrate.
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: High vest
always wear mine, manager keeps them for H&S inspection visits, loads of dogs just love them too 
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
DavidFS
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: High vest
Yeah
As I'm still not allowed to order uniform, I was wearing mines on duty just to show who I was. But I found also that some dogs go a bit crazy when they see the high viz. Needless to say i no longer wear it. Luckily up north we don't have to worry about dehydration so much
As I'm still not allowed to order uniform, I was wearing mines on duty just to show who I was. But I found also that some dogs go a bit crazy when they see the high viz. Needless to say i no longer wear it. Luckily up north we don't have to worry about dehydration so much
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: High vest
We were told last summer that we had to wear them whenever we were crossing a road as well as in the yard area
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: High vest
They are like Batfink's wings of steel. You'll survive being shot if you're wearing a hi-viz vest, they're that good.
-
oldrope
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
- Location: lapland
Re: High vest
Something I have noteist with the hi viz vests in winter they have no thermal properties but in summer they have 
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: High vest
Were out in the hottest part f the day now ,,great health n safety there
-
FinishOnTime
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 25 Apr 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: High vest
The requirement to wear them when out on a bog standard p&l delivery was certainly suspended at the height of last summer. Don't know the situation now, doubt anyone would get into trouble for not wearing one now the warmer weather has returned. Unless a gaffer fancies having a go cos he's a vindictive pillock.
Is there any evidence to suggest they are of overall benefit during the summer with the risks associated with overheating and supposed increase in dog attack?
Is there any evidence to suggest they are of overall benefit during the summer with the risks associated with overheating and supposed increase in dog attack?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: High vest
You don't have to wear them while on a walking delivery.Chelseablue wrote:Were out in the hottest part f the day now ,,great health n safety there
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: High vest
I don't wear em,,meant walking for 4 or 5 hours in intense heat ,and I know it's the uk but we do stimes get really hot days. That's when mistakes are made when ure fatigued to feck near end.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: High vest
We do.DB1100 wrote:You don't have to wear them while on a walking delivery.Chelseablue wrote:Were out in the hottest part f the day now ,,great health n safety there