ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
leaving RM advice
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
leaving RM advice
Just been offered a new job doing something I'd really enjoy and unique. My questions are how much notice do I have to give? (I'm on a 24hr temp contract. I'm thinking a week? If indeed it is a week and I gave my notice in Tuesday, that'd mean I'd be paid bank holiday Monday next week. Is that correct?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Yes mate 1 week
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
You probably won't get paid though until everyone else does
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Thanks for the reply. I know now ahead of time I'll have trouble getting paid for the bank holiday monday
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
You should get paid for it but you won't receive your wages until the Friday. Make sure you get paid for te Monday as you're officially still employed and your letter of resignation will state the date you plan to leave so don't let them shaft you.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
I'm surprised no-one else has beaten me to it AJ
I would suggest as fast as you bloody well can!
Good luck in your new life, I'm sure you won't be missing Royal mail. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
John159
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Apr 2014, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Sorry to jump in on someone else's question. I am shortly going to be resigning, but have 2 weeks leave outstanding from last leave year. Will I get paid this when I resign?
Thank you.
Thank you.
-
Dalelad
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 May 2013, 21:10
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Can you see if they need anyone else please?! I'd like a unique job i'd enjoy too!AJ1987 wrote:Just been offered a new job doing something I'd really enjoy and unique. My questions are how much notice do I have to give? (I'm on a 24hr temp contract. I'm thinking a week? If indeed it is a week and I gave my notice in Tuesday, that'd mean I'd be paid bank holiday Monday next week. Is that correct?
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Gotta be honest I am nervous about leaving. The new job is longer hours and not much more money but tbh fed up of being messed around in RM. Its funny all I've cared about the past two years is hitting my two years and getting my permanent contract. Its ironic that im leaving just as i hit two years. There's been a fella in my office just made permanent but on a 20 hour contract - he was 24 hour temp. So hardly an incentive to hang around. I think I'd be waiting years to get a half decent contract with RM, the new job does have opportunity to learn a wide range of skills...I think I'm trying to convince myself to be honest!
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
You don't need to convince yourself, this job is just going to get worse and worse as it always has. Best to jump ship now while you have the chance 
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Its official. Handed in my weeks notice today. 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: leaving RM advice
Wishing you the very best of luck mateAJ1987 wrote:Its official. Handed in my weeks notice today.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Best wishes for your new job. Hope it's better than Royal Mail! 
-
AJ1987
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: leaving RM advice
Thanks guys. Does anyone know if I'll still be entitled to my shares?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: leaving RM advice
No not on resignationAJ1987 wrote:Thanks guys. Does anyone know if I'll still be entitled to my shares?
If you leave Royal Mail for the following reasons, you may lose your Free Shares or have to pay income tax and National Insurance on their value.
• You resign
• You are dismissed
If you leave Royal Mail for either of the reasons above, the following will apply.
If you leave within three years after being given the Free Shares, you will lose the shares
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.