ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being messed about ALOT.
-
Jordanpark92
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 18 Feb 2014, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Being messed about ALOT.
Hello, I started Royal mail around 7 months ago, the first 2 - 3 months were fine, then it all went down hill from there. The last 4 months I've been sent to many other places, I didn't mind this to begin with but I just think there taking the P*** now! I have to use my own car as I can't drive the vans. I get to the jobs and I'm always expected to take all the big packets, even tho they don't fit in my car. Also i'm only on a 25 hour contract 9 - 2. These last weeks I've text my manager in the morning asking where I'm at, he tells me to come to my normal office today ( around 30 minutes away ) only to be told me I get there and be told I'm somewhere else! The only petrol money I've received is 70 miles! This has happened over 15 times now, getting to places to be told I'm not needed there & for me to go somewhere else. Any advice?
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
If you aren't insured on your car for work purposes, then stop.
Turn up at your office at your start time and ask them to transport you to and from the other office in your work time.
If you drive to the other office you should be able to claim a mileage allowance each time - not sure if you can get the amount backdated from times you have gone already.
I know its easier said then done if you are newish/ don't want to become a target etc. Doing the above though will get them sending somebody else though as they wont want the hassle of sending you :)
Turn up at your office at your start time and ask them to transport you to and from the other office in your work time.
If you drive to the other office you should be able to claim a mileage allowance each time - not sure if you can get the amount backdated from times you have gone already.
I know its easier said then done if you are newish/ don't want to become a target etc. Doing the above though will get them sending somebody else though as they wont want the hassle of sending you :)
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
I think I've said this before m8 just go to your own office at your start time, let them get you to other offices,tell them your not extending and need to be back at your own office at your finish time , if they think you will you will drive your own car to other offices they will send you all the time,also ask what other reserves are being sent if its just you or the same people then get your rep on the case ,good luck
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
You don't have to make your own way there in your own car. You're within your rights to turn up to you office on your start time and if they want to send you to another office it's their problem to take you there and get you a lift back. All the time you're willing to use your own car they will keep sending you mate, use your rights and make that stand, they will soon stop sending you. I'm sure someone here can dig up the agreement which confirms what I've just said. Oh and if you do this I guarantee your manager will lie to you and say it's not true.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
The more concerning thing is he appears to be delivering packets in his own car from that post above.
Might be an idea to read this http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=46941
Might be an idea to read this http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=46941
-
arthur was right
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
frustrating and demoralising it really is..... firstly DONT USE YOUR OWN CAR...secondly...work from your start time until your finish time...no more. This is classic uk work place 2014.....its full of "im alright Jacks" go luck pal!!
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
You MUST NOT do any postal work in your own car!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
cliffeyhez
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 04:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
All good advice on here. Wise up and stop making it easy for him. Good luck.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
You are right that are taking the Pxxs!!.You are allowed to claim excessive mileage if go beyond your office where you are based .If they are unwilling to pay expenses then ask them to take you there and pick you up.I would never use personal car for delivery.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
When i get asked this i simply say i rode my pushbike to work,works every time.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
You still need business insurance to drive your won car to a different office.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Being messed about ALOT.
cars have been banned in our office for at least 5 yearsiHateD2Ds wrote:You are right that are taking the Pxxs!!.You are allowed to claim excessive mileage if go beyond your office where you are based .If they are unwilling to pay expenses then ask them to take you there and pick you up.I would never use personal car for delivery.