ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Whatsup?
-
indio
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Whatsup?
Got called into the office this morning and asked about a customer from Monday.
DIM "Customer asked you to close his gate and you just walked off and ignored him Why?"
Me: "Nope the gate was open I delivered his letters. Was in the next doors garden when he opens top floor window and shouts shut the F'ing gate!. I say it was already open and please don't swear at me. He said again more angrily shut the F'ing gate" so I walked off ignoring him.
DIM was really annoyed saying if a customer asks you to shut the gate then you do. I don't care if he said F'ing this or that I don't want to see this sort of complaint again from you. WTF!
Another postie was in the office for bending a letter into one of those tiny letter box's. Lots of other similar conversations over the past month or so.
Seems DIM's are getting hot on any complaint no matter how stupid.
This never used to happen what's going on is it just my DIM or is it more wide spread?
DIM "Customer asked you to close his gate and you just walked off and ignored him Why?"
Me: "Nope the gate was open I delivered his letters. Was in the next doors garden when he opens top floor window and shouts shut the F'ing gate!. I say it was already open and please don't swear at me. He said again more angrily shut the F'ing gate" so I walked off ignoring him.
DIM was really annoyed saying if a customer asks you to shut the gate then you do. I don't care if he said F'ing this or that I don't want to see this sort of complaint again from you. WTF!
Another postie was in the office for bending a letter into one of those tiny letter box's. Lots of other similar conversations over the past month or so.
Seems DIM's are getting hot on any complaint no matter how stupid.
This never used to happen what's going on is it just my DIM or is it more wide spread?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
Could it be affecting their bonus? 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
its nationwide, they are targeted with reducing/keeping low customer complaints as part of their bonus structureindio wrote:Got called into the office this morning and asked about a customer from Monday.
DIM "Customer asked you to close his gate and you just walked off and ignored him Why?"
Me: "Nope the gate was open I delivered his letters. Was in the next doors garden when he opens top floor window and shouts shut the F'ing gate!. I say it was already open and please don't swear at me. He said again more angrily shut the F'ing gate" so I walked off ignoring him.
DIM was really annoyed saying if a customer asks you to shut the gate then you do. I don't care if he said F'ing this or that I don't want to see this sort of complaint again from you. WTF!
Another postie was in the office for bending a letter into one of those tiny letter box's. Lots of other similar conversations over the past month or so.
Seems DIM's are getting hot on any complaint no matter how stupid.
This never used to happen what's going on is it just my DIM or is it more wide spread?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
nice to see you getting the support of your dom/dim ? out at the sharp end doing it ,with nasty irate customers thinking its ok to shout and be abusive.? shame how its got to this,am sure there are good managers out there,but alas have to be on board with the top guns for whatever reason,and trying to be mr big to keep their job,not a nice position to be in I have to say 
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Whatsup?
Its called shittin yeself coz ur being part off the cull , just ignore him I do 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Whatsup?
One miss delivery official wise,,,and I get a lecture , and erm coached . Office is now like a revolving door f. What's happening to this once great company .thank god I'm off this week for a few days grrr.
-
scrapsaturdays
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
Seems it's all over the country. one guy suspended this week in our office for what was considered a minor offence, everyone do the job by the book. They are gunning for us.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
I had one customer angrily call me a c**t because me knocking on his door to deliver his parcel was disturbing his painting. Should have taken the package back to the van ... but had I done that you could almost guarantee complaint about it.
-
scotboyblue
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 21:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
I had a customer complain because I I rang the doorbell to deliver a parcel as I.woke up the baby 
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
Similar to me I had a women come to door holding a baby telling me off for knocking twice and too loud as she cant rush with young ones as if im just supposed to know. Probably the same person who would complain if I slipped themscotboyblue wrote:I had a customer complain because I I rang the doorbell to deliver a parcel as I.woke up the baby
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
god what a state this is getting.have to say our dom runs two offices comes to us first and then off to his other one where he stays.our office runs itself pretty much,with an old school phg in charge and does a bloody good job.too good in fact not sure just what the dom does on a daily basis?mail comes in,mail goes out,not rocket science,but well aware of the grief in other offices,cant be nice,and somewhat soul destroying.waiting for top brass to turn up and ask how things are.mmmm that will be fun should it ever happen? 
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
Bonus relatedindio wrote:Got called into the office this morning and asked about a customer from Monday.
DIM "Customer asked you to close his gate and you just walked off and ignored him Why?"
Me: "Nope the gate was open I delivered his letters. Was in the next doors garden when he opens top floor window and shouts shut the F'ing gate!. I say it was already open and please don't swear at me. He said again more angrily shut the F'ing gate" so I walked off ignoring him.
DIM was really annoyed saying if a customer asks you to shut the gate then you do. I don't care if he said F'ing this or that I don't want to see this sort of complaint again from you. WTF!
Another postie was in the office for bending a letter into one of those tiny letter box's. Lots of other similar conversations over the past month or so.
Seems DIM's are getting hot on any complaint no matter how stupid.
This never used to happen what's going on is it just my DIM or is it more wide spread?
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
From our DOM, who really is one of the more reasonable, the pressure is on regarding Tracked items.
Any failure and the DSM wants to know why and, more significantly, who failed.
Scan it, scan it, scan it! - They ain't taking prisoners.
Any failure and the DSM wants to know why and, more significantly, who failed.
Scan it, scan it, scan it! - They ain't taking prisoners.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Whatsup?
Whatever happened to the customer friendly ,whistling happy postie?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Whatsup?
surely theres measures to be taken AGAINST this customer abusing a member of RM staff ?