I hope I'm posting this correctly and apologies if not, I'm new to this and all forums, however have been advised by a colleague to try and get some advice on here.
I've been working as a PT (30 hours) delivery postwoman with driving since October 2013 and have had my FTC extended regularly. The last time it was extended by 3 months which ends at the end of July. I have since become pregnant and am concerned about how this will effect the chances of my contract being extended again. I know they can not discriminate against my pregnancy however, I am worried that they will choose not to extend my contract on the basis that I can not carry out the same post work that I previously did.
I was off sick with nausea due to my pregnancy to which my manager informed me that his manager was not happy about it and was "looking to get rid of" me, and he advised me to seek advice from HR. I called HR who informed me that they can not provide me with any advice and that they have a helpline my manager can call who can, in turn pass the information on to me. Since then, I have had my absence meeting in which my manager has stated that absence due to my pregnancy will not be held against me, which has set my mind at ease slightly but knowing his manager no longer wishes for me to continue employment there still has me stressed.
I was originally told that I would replace a delivery postwoman covering maternity leave at a caller's office, which meant they would gain that postwoman back at the DO but this seems to have been forgotten (and brushed off when I queried it) and I'm thinking it may be so that come July, they can inform me that they can not provide me with alternate work and therefore are not renewing my contract further.
These, along with a few more issues, have made me realize how unprofessional and unsupportive Royal Mail are towards pregnant employees and I am following this up with the Union but would appreciate any advice or feedback from fellow posties who may have had any similar experiences or know of anyone that has.
Sorry the post is so long and thank you in advance