There's some great clips from recently uploaded old Pathe News reels on youtube such as this one
Postmen At Work (1960-1969) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGmwLmb3Pk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
British Pathé
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: British Pathé
Interesting uniforms, like something out of the Italian Job.


-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: British Pathé
Post Office Strike (1969) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kltYedRv_CA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dee Plish
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Atop many steps
Re: British Pathé
Machinery c.1960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cBNVPPzsdU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cBNVPPzsdU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: British Pathé
I was just coming in at the tail end of that era about 1987 when we still had coding desk, 48 box frames, some of the machines which were cutting edge in the 1960s were getting knackered and is being phased out when I joined for newer machines which were themselves just recently being replaced by even more super sorting machines.
All this when the Internet and mobiles was but a dream, post was the main form of communication. How times have changed.
All this when the Internet and mobiles was but a dream, post was the main form of communication. How times have changed.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12178
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: British Pathé
If they're not already, they should all get released on DVD, they'd make an intresting DVD with the films grouped by topic
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: British Pathé
One thing you notice is how smart the guys look all wearing ties.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Post Office Strike (1969) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kltYedRv_CA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bugger I must be getting old as I sound like my dad.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........