ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
what a day
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
what a day
Today was horrendous normally leave Office 9.30 today didn't start delivering til 11.15 before going out informed Dom that would be working over told it couldn't be because of election material lucky mate wanted to cut off and got back to office 5pm with half of a walk not done first time for cut off the downside is I am on the walk again on Saturday so will end up delivering it then deep joy. If it still needs doing do I have to?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: what a day
It will have been one full day just Friday fingers crossed tomorrow will be a light day and they will have time to do it
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: what a day
Just cut off,we left 3 loops and the big packets today because we didn't want the overtime and had a nice steady day,election stuff done and D2d's done trolley used,no stress and no strain,fair enough if you want O/T but I don't and neither does my P/L partner.terry2972 wrote:Today was horrendous normally leave Office 9.30 today didn't start delivering til 11.15 before going out informed Dom that would be working over told it couldn't be because of election material lucky mate wanted to cut off and got back to office 5pm with half of a walk not done first time for cut off the downside is I am on the walk again on Saturday so will end up delivering it then deep joy. If it still needs doing do I have to?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: what a day
Wilfull delay by the managers i'd say, ring them at 12 / 1pm before they sneak off home , then they must come out and help you deliver that days mailbag.
God knows how much o/t they can get away with - make them earn it!
Also them that get back early - they should be sent out again to deliver cut-offs. Management are a waste of space & money.
God knows how much o/t they can get away with - make them earn it!
Also them that get back early - they should be sent out again to deliver cut-offs. Management are a waste of space & money.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: what a day
Yes I think I have learned that lesson today trouble is I haven't got a permanent contract and don't won't to rock the boat to much under the present system
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: what a day
I understand your predicament and sympathise with you,I've got a fair bit of time in and a very sh1tty attitude when faced with intimidationterry2972 wrote:Yes I think I have learned that lesson today trouble is I haven't got a permanent contract and don't won't to rock the boat to much under the present system
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: what a day
It was a massive day today. I took my bit of lapsing plus election leaflets and booked 1.30 overtime.terry2972 wrote:Today was horrendous normally leave Office 9.30 today didn't start delivering til 11.15 before going out informed Dom that would be working over told it couldn't be because of election material lucky mate wanted to cut off and got back to office 5pm with half of a walk not done first time for cut off the downside is I am on the walk again on Saturday so will end up delivering it then deep joy. If it still needs doing do I have to?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: what a day
Can't claim overtime for election stuff can you ?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: what a day
No,but if your normal workload would take you over you can claim,that's the tricky part though,I found declining all overtime and asking the lino what they would prefer usually sorts it,I cited tax credits as a reason for not wanting extra cash,didn't have to but made the beggar think lol
I won
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: what a day
No, but if the general traffic was high enough YOU CAN CLAIM overtime according to Dale Hadden Director of Industrial Relations.maisymoo04 wrote:Can't claim overtime for election stuff can you ?
You cannot claim if you decide to take all the Election material in one day and the traffic was low enough to complete normally, but if its more than the level planned for your duty then you can claim and the DOMS know this and are lieing.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... on#p644033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: what a day
I got hammered today..over 5 hours on an HCT walk and another 10 minutes each way pushing the barrow. Got the driver to drop 3 bags off at bag drop and still struggled to get it all in the barrow. Had 4 packet bags and loads of catalogues which made it very heavy. Left at 10.45 got back just after 4.10pm.loads of packets and recordeds to bring back.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: what a day
It was a massive day, and my Rep told me the election stuff did not impact on my delivery so I claimed....£15 before tax!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No, but if the general traffic was high enough YOU CAN CLAIM overtime according to Dale Hadden Director of Industrial Relations.maisymoo04 wrote:Can't claim overtime for election stuff can you ?
You cannot claim if you decide to take all the Election material in one day and the traffic was low enough to complete normally, but if its more than the level planned for your duty then you can claim and the DOMS know this and are lieing.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... on#p644033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: what a day
And there saying the mails going down still 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: what a day
But parcels/tracked/recorded/specials are up. And they don't count the Flats in the mail count , apparently.maisymoo04 wrote:And there saying the mails going down still