ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Contract through post..
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Contract through post..
Been a postie for a year,got a 6 month 30 hour contract.Got renewed for another 6 months but i have just got a new contract through post that says 3 months this time? Just wondered if i should be worried? Seems a bit odd.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
I shouldn't worry, my first contract was 6 months, then I had a 3 months then a 5 months and now I'm permanent.2pints wrote:Been a postie for a year,got a 6 month 30 hour contract.Got renewed for another 6 months but i have just got a new contract through post that says 3 months this time? Just wondered if i should be worried? Seems a bit odd.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
Yeah don't worry about it, I had a 4 month to start off with then I got a 1 month contract. My last one ran out 11th of April and still not received a new one.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
Extract from the AFG&S agreement under legal undertakings between RM and CWU.2pints wrote:Been a postie for a year,got a 6 month 30 hour contract.Got renewed for another 6 months but i have just got a new contract through post that says 3 months this time? Just wondered if i should be worried? Seems a bit odd.
2.7.2 FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WILL REMMAIN FULL TIME UNLESS THEY VOLUNTER TO MOVE TO PART TIME HOURS. PART TIME EMPLOYEES WILL BE ENTITLED TO RETAIN THEIR EXISTING CONTRACTUAL HOURS IF THEY WISH.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
I would not think that applies to Fixed Term Contract people. Once their contract is up, Royal Mail can renew on previous contract terms, make permanent, or simply offer an amended fixed term contract with fewer or more hours, and for a shorter or longer term, or tell the person they are no longer needed.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
again open to interpretation but would have thought ENTITLED RETAIN AND EXISTING would cover any ambiguity whether fixed term or temporary contracts.Lincox wrote:I would not think that applies to Fixed Term Contract people. Once their contract is up, Royal Mail can renew on previous contract terms, make permanent, or simply offer an amended fixed term contract with fewer or more hours, and for a shorter or longer term, or tell the person they are no longer needed.
-
hewittinspain
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
Dont be surprised if ur made permanent soon. I was on four month contracts and my last went down to 3months. A week later zi was made permanent.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Contract through post..
A FTC can be ended.rehabron wrote:
again open to interpretation but would have thought ENTITLED RETAIN AND EXISTING would cover any ambiguity whether fixed term or temporary contracts.
Unfortunately they aren't entitled to retain anything.
If work drops off and hours need to come out of a unit, then the most expedient way is to terminate a FTC.
Not that I agree but that is the reality.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
crammypostie1
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cumbria
Re: Contract through post..
Shud b worried heard they want reduncies now and those not permant arent safe in a job
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
As much as I agree with your comments that a downturn in workload that management would take the easy option of terminating a fixed term contract but I would hope that there is no excessive overtime being issued in the unit to the detriment of a fixed term contract holder.clashcityrocker wrote:A FTC can be ended.rehabron wrote:
again open to interpretation but would have thought ENTITLED RETAIN AND EXISTING would cover any ambiguity whether fixed term or temporary contracts.
Unfortunately they aren't entitled to retain anything.
If work drops off and hours need to come out of a unit, then the most expedient way is to terminate a FTC.
Not that I agree but that is the reality.
-
hewittinspain
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
crammypostie1 wrote:Shud b worried heard they want reduncies now and those not permant arent safe in a job
Scaremonger.
Thats not the reason at all.
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
I agree not to worry, i had 6 months, then 3 months, then 4 months or something like that, i'm permanent now. I don't think they even work it out just randomly pick how many months!!!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract through post..
Just to add to the confusion, I started on 12 month contract and was made permanent within 5.