ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Post by arty_morty »

I'm leaving at the end of August to emigrate to the US. As I'm reserve I'm a little paranoid that if I tell my DOM now I'll find myself on all the undesirable walks. Yes it's a selfish attitude but if you had my DOM you'd be reluctant to do him any favours.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Post by janitor »

Yes it's one weeks notice. If he tries to tell you it's not enough tough, what's he going to do sack you, chain you to a frame, stop you leaving, but yes as I said its one week.
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Post by new2me »

why would you tell him now?
I was in a job a few years back, where I mentioned I was planning on moving out of London in a couple of months and they let me go at the weekend. keep quiet about it
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

Yep. No need to say a word. Last Saturday I handed in my notice, just two duties remaining, Wednesday and Thursday. :Very Happy
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Post by Hitcher »

Set up a free redirection and then tell him. :wink:
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?

Post by korky »

if i had that sort of opportunity not sure i'd say owt!
let them call you in america and say "not this week ta"
feck em, they'd screw you without thinking