ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
One week notice for weekly paid staff?
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
One week notice for weekly paid staff?
I'm leaving at the end of August to emigrate to the US. As I'm reserve I'm a little paranoid that if I tell my DOM now I'll find myself on all the undesirable walks. Yes it's a selfish attitude but if you had my DOM you'd be reluctant to do him any favours.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?
Yes it's one weeks notice. If he tries to tell you it's not enough tough, what's he going to do sack you, chain you to a frame, stop you leaving, but yes as I said its one week.
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?
why would you tell him now?
I was in a job a few years back, where I mentioned I was planning on moving out of London in a couple of months and they let me go at the weekend. keep quiet about it
I was in a job a few years back, where I mentioned I was planning on moving out of London in a couple of months and they let me go at the weekend. keep quiet about it
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?
Yep. No need to say a word. Last Saturday I handed in my notice, just two duties remaining, Wednesday and Thursday. 
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?
Set up a free redirection and then tell him. 
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: One week notice for weekly paid staff?
if i had that sort of opportunity not sure i'd say owt!
let them call you in america and say "not this week ta"
feck em, they'd screw you without thinking
let them call you in america and say "not this week ta"
feck em, they'd screw you without thinking