Hi everyone, just two quick questions:
Firstly, I am currently employed on a 25 hour permanent contract, I started in November last year. I regularly work in excess of 35 hours, sometimes a lot more. I was just wondering the protocol for trying to increase my contracted hours, e.g do I go through a union rep, informally to DOM or in writing? Just saw that they are advertising for more postman in my office, 28 hours contracts so I'm not amused that new starters will be getting more hours than me!
Secondly, I will of worked for Royal Mail for 6 months next week. Will my pay automatically rise, or am I supposed to have some sort of meeting to discuss this? I've never had any sort of meeting with a manager since starting, and am still very blurry on rules, regs and protocols within Royal Mail.
Many thanks,
Jim
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How to increase hours and pay query
-
JimmyGandalf
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 03:44
- Gender: Male
-
lollollol
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 19:24
- Gender: Male
Re: How to increase hours and pay query
Taken from page 10 of the 2014 Agreement:
2.7.7 The level of part time Employees’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
Take the matter up with your local rep...
As regards your pay rise I would guess that HR would increase your pay automatically...
2.7.7 The level of part time Employees’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
Take the matter up with your local rep...
As regards your pay rise I would guess that HR would increase your pay automatically...