ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redirection

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
edwards87
Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 13:36
Gender: Male

Redirection

Post by edwards87 »

I'm moving house in the next month, and I know we get one 6 month redirection free with the job, but since I don't get much mail besides payslips and I can change most of my addresses, is it possible to get an unofficial redirection for the few bits of mail that will still get through? I have 2 of these on my own round for employees, just an orange card saying to hold or redirect their mail which I just write on in pen since there are no stickers. I don't work at my local office though, would they be okay with doing this if I go in and talk to someone? Seems like a waste of my free redirection for how much it would be used.
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Redirection

Post by ebbzie »

Pop in your local office and have a word ,cant see a problem we do loads in our office but they are for people who work in the office
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: Redirection

Post by pyphon »

We get two years free.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Redirection

Post by NewPostieUK »

Why would you want an unofficial redirection when you can have a real proper official one for free? :crazy: