ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

posting peggs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

posting peggs

Post by robbertwhitton »

I take it the article in the courier with regard to the dog attacks,and using the posting pegs,i take it we should be using them if that is we are issued with them?? yet another tool we are supposed to use but don't have??.I guess we will have to run it by the dom if I can catch him
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: posting peggs

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

Loads of the bloomin' things at our office.

I've always thought we should use them on every single letterbox where you cannot see if a dog or cat is behind the door.

Reason behind that is, how do you know say, Mr and Mrs Smith at number 34 haven't got a new rescue dog who likes postie's fingers?

We have since being here got two dogs at different times and not informed RM.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: posting peggs

Post by spiderj »

They're well handy
:thumbup
I won
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by paul1231 »

another postie gave me one as they never used it and ive not used it yet either! but I wasn't officially given one
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by newtimes »

They do not last long, memory going but one of the utilities, gas I think used to be issued with stainless steel pegs, might of even read this on this board.
Keetz
Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 08:54
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by Keetz »

Never been told about or even seen one of them :cuppa
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: posting peggs

Post by krussel »

Keetz wrote:Never been told about or even seen one of them :cuppa


Really that's not good. They are red plastic. They should be available.

I carry one in case iam stopped. Only used it a few times.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DavidFS
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by DavidFS »

Never seen one either, it was mentioned in the induction but so were a lot of things that were completely ignored.
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't :chuckle
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: posting peggs

Post by krussel »

DavidFS wrote:Never seen one either, it was mentioned in the induction but so were a lot of things that were completely ignored.
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't :chuckle

Amazed :shock:

These are standard equipment for H&S. You need to see your H&S rep :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: posting peggs

Post by spiderj »

Get one asap
Aside from saving your fingers
If you do have an accident
It'll be your fault if you don't have a peg

If you are aware of them you should have one

According to our management
:cuppa
I won
DavidFS
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by DavidFS »

krussel wrote:
DavidFS wrote:Never seen one either, it was mentioned in the induction but so were a lot of things that were completely ignored.
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't :chuckle

Amazed :shock:

These are standard equipment for H&S. You need to see your H&S rep :shock:

I'm sure you could guess what my answer to that would be. :wink:
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by Hitcher »

We were told to treat every delivery as though there was a dog there!

"I can't complete today because I'll be using the peg" :roll:
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by postypie »

The one I had was snatched by a customers dog while I delivered their mail...the householder returned it to me the next day...(what was left of it)...I left it on my gaffers desk to chew over what to do next with it, but he said I was barking up the wrong tree and passed it on to the DOM....(who I think uses it as a door stopper now)!
Richard007
Posts: 84
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: posting peggs

Post by Richard007 »

The only use I've found they are good for is a ice scraper & as winters gone mine is packed away safe n sound until frosts come back , is it just me who thinks they are worse than useless I have been a postie for 27 years and have been bit by dogs 5 times and on every one of those attacks having a dog peg would have made no difference apart from I would of shoved it up the dogs &@(/ if I knew it was going to bite me , don't stick ya fingers in any letterbox dogs or no dogs simple !
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: posting peggs

Post by Caniel »

I carry one with me in case I'm stopped and checked, only used it a couple of times one of which the dog got it and pulled it through lol.

Had to sign for a new one and explain what happened to the old one...