ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Duckins
Posts: 17
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 08:22
Gender: Male

how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Duckins »

I basically just wondering if anyone else needs to have a sleep in the afternoon after work just to get a little bit of enery back. I know I do!
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Sidley »

Never been a good sleeper so no afternoon maps for me. I do tend to sit on my arse for an hour or so just to take a load off my aching legs.
lillywhite
Posts: 126
Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by lillywhite »

Used to,but now with late finishes and poorly thought out PL,i have to rush through the door and straight on the school run,knackered and asleep by 9!
cardboard13
Posts: 14
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by cardboard13 »

usually have a snooze while waiting for my work colleague.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by bustedflush »

cardboard13 wrote:usually have a snooze while waiting for my work colleague.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by paul1231 »

I tend to struggle to get to sleep on nights and often get around 6hours so I often power nap for an hour when I get in from work!
Mossman73
Posts: 24
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 19:45
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Mossman73 »

Shagged!!!!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by arnold cheshire »

still working all afternoon till 340 pm no time for a nap
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

You're not alone Duckins. I think most Posties are knackered when they get home. :sad: I find I'm OK as long as I keep going but as soon as I sit down and have a cuppa (Normally with my feet in a bowl of water) then it's "Nodding Dog" time :cuppa
Quick "Power Nap", as the Trendies call it and I'm usually ready to start taxiing the Family about! :Very Happy

Nothing new in Posties having an afternoon snooze Duckins, maybe now it's just more of an exhausted collapse! :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by bluealbert »

Usually try to grab an hour most afternoons :thumbup
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by krussel »

If everyone is out the house and I ve nothing needed to do I will grab 40 mins. Don't happen often though.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Barbel »

I'm alright as long as I don't sit down when I get home otherwise I'll never want to get back up.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by spiderj »

Cumulative fatigue
Usually cured by Carling on a Saturday evening
:nana
I won
careful
Posts: 60
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 22:46

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by careful »

Name five more physical demanding jobs than delivery postal worker of 2014?
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up . Yet the managers still think we're all slow and underworked and give us more to do each day . If they rarely cover someones collapsed bit they complain the next day how tired and aching they are. :crazy:
As for me , each day I think that's it I can't do it again , i'm knackered but after 2 cuppas I feel like new again.

But still wouldn't want to be a dustman.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??