ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
posting peggs
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
posting peggs
I take it the article in the courier with regard to the dog attacks,and using the posting pegs,i take it we should be using them if that is we are issued with them?? yet another tool we are supposed to use but don't have??.I guess we will have to run it by the dom if I can catch him
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: posting peggs
Loads of the bloomin' things at our office.
I've always thought we should use them on every single letterbox where you cannot see if a dog or cat is behind the door.
Reason behind that is, how do you know say, Mr and Mrs Smith at number 34 haven't got a new rescue dog who likes postie's fingers?
We have since being here got two dogs at different times and not informed RM.
I've always thought we should use them on every single letterbox where you cannot see if a dog or cat is behind the door.
Reason behind that is, how do you know say, Mr and Mrs Smith at number 34 haven't got a new rescue dog who likes postie's fingers?
We have since being here got two dogs at different times and not informed RM.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
another postie gave me one as they never used it and ive not used it yet either! but I wasn't officially given one
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
They do not last long, memory going but one of the utilities, gas I think used to be issued with stainless steel pegs, might of even read this on this board.
-
Keetz
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 08:54
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
Never been told about or even seen one of them 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: posting peggs
Keetz wrote:Never been told about or even seen one of them
Really that's not good. They are red plastic. They should be available.
I carry one in case iam stopped. Only used it a few times.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DavidFS
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
Never seen one either, it was mentioned in the induction but so were a lot of things that were completely ignored.
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: posting peggs
DavidFS wrote:Never seen one either, it was mentioned in the induction but so were a lot of things that were completely ignored.
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't
Amazed
These are standard equipment for H&S. You need to see your H&S rep
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: posting peggs
Get one asap
Aside from saving your fingers
If you do have an accident
It'll be your fault if you don't have a peg
If you are aware of them you should have one
According to our management

Aside from saving your fingers
If you do have an accident
It'll be your fault if you don't have a peg
If you are aware of them you should have one
According to our management
I won
-
DavidFS
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
krussel wrote:DavidFS wrote:Never seen one either, it was mentioned in the induction but so were a lot of things that were completely ignored.
I'm sure I could make a long list of things we're supposed to be told or know about or be doing, but as I don't know yet what they are i won't
Amazed![]()
These are standard equipment for H&S. You need to see your H&S rep
I'm sure you could guess what my answer to that would be.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
We were told to treat every delivery as though there was a dog there!
"I can't complete today because I'll be using the peg"
"I can't complete today because I'll be using the peg"
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
The one I had was snatched by a customers dog while I delivered their mail...the householder returned it to me the next day...(what was left of it)...I left it on my gaffers desk to chew over what to do next with it, but he said I was barking up the wrong tree and passed it on to the DOM....(who I think uses it as a door stopper now)!
-
Richard007
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
The only use I've found they are good for is a ice scraper & as winters gone mine is packed away safe n sound until frosts come back , is it just me who thinks they are worse than useless I have been a postie for 27 years and have been bit by dogs 5 times and on every one of those attacks having a dog peg would have made no difference apart from I would of shoved it up the dogs &@(/ if I knew it was going to bite me , don't stick ya fingers in any letterbox dogs or no dogs simple !
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: posting peggs
I carry one with me in case I'm stopped and checked, only used it a couple of times one of which the dog got it and pulled it through lol.
Had to sign for a new one and explain what happened to the old one...
Had to sign for a new one and explain what happened to the old one...