ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Job threats for Posties?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Job threats for Posties?

Post by postiewhite »

I cant find a direct link on here and I hate making a new thread if this is covered solely in another topic which covers any possible job threats to postmen with the Amazon,TNT deliveries which will affect RM.
Basically at the minute there is a lot of overtime,infact since ive been at RM (for about a year) there has never been an overtime issue but was recently told that will probably stop for this summer because of the prediction of mail dropping. I guess being fairly new im worried about a possible future job loss. Iam part time and a full time postie told me (whos been there years) said if anything then they would try and cut full time posties. Thing is I was made permanent 3 months ago and there are 4 other guys who started after me who are still on temps. I suppose one has to think why would I be made permanent if any losses were in the pipeline.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by fishtank »

There is no doubt our job is being undermined by TNT ana other companies but I'll give you the same advice I've been giving out for 20 years...don't worry about it because nobody has the slightest idea how it's going to pan out.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by bluealbert »

fishtank wrote:There is no doubt our job is being undermined by TNT ana other companies but I'll give you the same advice I've been giving out for 20 years...don't worry about it because nobody has the slightest idea how it's going to pan out.
:Applause absolutely spot on :thumbup
DavidFS
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by DavidFS »

The reason behind cutting full-time posties will have nothing to do with increased competition. :chuckle
hertsman0
Posts: 24
Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 20:21

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by hertsman0 »

Over the summer months there has always been less mail and the amount of overtime is reduced accordingly .However TNT is a major concern . One thing in our favour is the amount of complaints about TNT mail where they deliver the mail . Ie dumped mail and mail delivered the wrong addresses .
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by Chelseablue »

Aren't TNT a foreign company?
elias
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Apr 2014, 11:59
Gender: Male

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by elias »

Yep Dutch if my memory serves me right
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

elias wrote:Yep Dutch if my memory serves me right
:thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by Nigel1505 »

If they are Dutch then its half each then. :evil/mad
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by Chelseablue »

Go back to Deutschland then !
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by venger »

Chelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
I hope you're making some sort of joke as Deutchland is Germany.

There's a risk in almost any job. Maybe you could move to a small, rural area. TNT won't really want to come to a small area like that.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Chelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
dutch is netherlands holland not germany
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by venger »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
dutch is netherlands holland not germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by Chelseablue »

Oops lol
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Job threats for Posties?

Post by arnold cheshire »

venger wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Go back to Deutschland then !
dutch is netherlands holland not germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deutschland is not dutch